Texas Fishing Forum

Rock Quarry lake off of 820?

Posted By: bigbass87

Rock Quarry lake off of 820? - 11/08/15 04:38 AM

Does anyone know much about this small lake just east of Marine creek off 820? I moved to the area in June and fished the lake once and caught a few. I was hoping this could be a place I could run to for an hour or two when I don't have time to fish a true lake. I have not had any time to fish the lake since football season started, and now I noticed that there is a no trespassing sign on the top of the cliff by the lake. I've seen quite a few kayakers out there, I was hoping somebody knew something. I would never trespass, so I will not fish it, but the sign just popped up a couple of weeks ago.
Posted By: FWBanger

Re: Rock Quarry lake off of 820? - 11/08/15 01:13 PM

It's private property and I'm not aware of the owner allowing anyone on the property. The owner used to duck hunt there but the nearby neighborhoods complained about the shooting and that was ended.

Re: Rock Quarry lake off of 820? - 11/08/15 04:16 PM

Thanks for the info.
Posted By: Cowtown Kid

Re: Rock Quarry lake off of 820? - 11/09/15 11:42 PM

Years ago there were a lot of the rock quarries east of Loop 820 between the Trinity Blvd and the railroad tracks to the north. My friend an his dad use to fish those all the time and seem to alway catch some nice bass. Does anyone know if those are still accessible without trespassing?

texas
Posted By: BODA

Re: Rock Quarry lake off of 820? - 11/10/15 01:01 PM

Im not really sure, but Ive almost caused a few accidents looking over my shoulder at it, I have seen kayaks down there a time or two however

Re: Rock Quarry lake off of 820? - 11/10/15 03:27 PM

There were always kayaks on this one. I took mine down before the no trespassing signs went up and had a blast. I hate that the signs went up, but sure don't blame the guy for putting them up lol.

Re: Rock Quarry lake off of 820? - 01/10/16 07:13 PM

I've been noticing a few kayaks on the water the last couple of weeks. Either a few people have permission, or a few people are blatantly trespassing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum