Texas Fishing Forum

I'm getting desperate...

Posted By: 79scooter

I'm getting desperate... - 11/02/15 03:02 PM

to figure out this whole crappie fishing thing. I am having more trouble fishing for crappie than any other fish. Would anyone be willing to point me in the correct direction as to a lake and/or area to look for these elusive fish? I fished Gvine and a creek yesterday and never found fish. Fished 5-30ft of water in timber and on piles. seems like unless you have a boat to move around a lake, you are SOL if you dont start in the right area.

Thanks,
Scooter bang
Posted By: yakkityyak

Re: I'm getting desperate... - 11/02/15 04:04 PM

Tawakoni, drift along the rocks by the damn.
Posted By: stewage

Re: I'm getting desperate... - 11/02/15 06:50 PM

I gotta say, If yesterday was anything like Saturday, I would be getting desperate as well.

I went to Lewisville on Saturday and wasn't able to connect with any crappie, in holes that I've consistently caught fish in. I think all the rain and the weather is chasing them off or maybe just making them tight lipped.

I ended up just trolling around the lake for fun.

I think once things calm back down it should pick back up, hopefully.
Posted By: 79scooter

Re: I'm getting desperate... - 11/03/15 03:03 PM

I hear you Stewage. I had one fella tell me that the crappie were biting real well, but as soon as the rain hit he stopped cathcing them. I fear things arent going to settle for a while with the rain coming again on Thursday. I need to switch to catfish I reckon, saw them getting pulled.
Posted By: stewage

Re: I'm getting desperate... - 11/03/15 07:10 PM

I headed out yesterday after work, pulled up one 15 incher about 10 minutes after arriving, thought for sure things were going to be better yesterday.

In a sense, it was a much better trip, in that at least this time I caught some crappie, but of the few fish I caught over the next few hours, they were all too small to keep.

I feel you on the switching off crappie. Yesterday was such a nice calm day on the water, I probably would have done pretty well trolling for sandbass.

I still have yet to catch a catfish intentionally, but maybe that is the route I should take too!
Posted By: fishr3

Re: I'm getting desperate... - 11/03/15 08:42 PM

Just checked my archives from 2014 and saw that the creek crappie were very cooperative after a cold front last November 16. Now I'm desperate to schedule a day when I can get out there and test the waters. I'm hoping we have some cleaner water by Nov. 20. All this rain should help draw them up the creek. Need a cold front to get them huddled up in a deep hole.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: I'm getting desperate... - 11/04/15 01:10 AM

I launched my yak from 428 in Aubrey on the elm fork of the trinity. Paddled north found a lot of baitfish, crappie and bass. Just find the clear deep water and you find the fish.
Posted By: Todd™

Re: I'm getting desperate... - 11/04/15 02:27 PM

Check the bridge pillars for crappie on Lewisville right now. food
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum