Texas Fishing Forum

Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament

Posted By: YakFishField

Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 02:35 PM

Hey guys, we've started a new online bass fishing tournament starting up in November called Angler Combat:
  • Month-long tournaments
  • Just $10 to enter each month
  • Fish any public water as often as you want
  • Submit photos of your fish on a measuring board right on your smartphone
  • The app automatically culls for your 5 biggest bass
  • Live leaderboard so friends and family can watch you climb the rankings
  • Cash & prizes awarded to top competitors in each division
  • Separate divisions for anglers on land, in a kayak, or on a bass boat

Right now they have a promo: buy 6 months, get them for the price of 4. For more info and to sign up, go to www.anglercombat.com

Check out the TV commercial I put together that will be airing on World Fishing Network, Outdoor Channel, Sportsmans Channel, and others starting Nov. 1st:

Posted By: JOED214

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 02:45 PM

Nice Robert!
Posted By: -Clay-

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 02:53 PM

I really like this, but is it going to be near impossible to do well like Kayak Wars?

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: -Clay-
I really like this, but is it going to be near impossible to do well like Kayak Wars?

Do you mean difficult to place in? As participation grows, the number of payout places will grow quickly. We just announced this so participation is going to be light for November, good time to get in and check it out. The odds will be in your favor big time in November. You're fishing anyways, why not throw in another ten bucks for a chance to win? Can even use fish you catch in an in-person tournament, like the TOC on Fork.
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 03:44 PM

I'm in for 6 months! partyon

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Jerry Hamon
I'm in for 6 months! partyon

Saw your name come through the registrations. Good luck brother!
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 04:23 PM

Will this series have different age divisions? My 12 year old daughter is interested.I looked online and didn't see anything.

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: JJ4MEL
Will this series have different age divisions? My 12 year old daughter is interested.I looked online and didn't see anything.

There are not different age divisions right now, but she can compete. You'll have to electronically "sign" the waiver during registration and provide YOUR fishing license # as her guardian. She would compete alongside everyone else for now.

Age divisions is a good idea, and once our participation grows enough to warrant splitting them up, we may do a "16 and up" and a "below 16" division, for instance.
Posted By: Wafflejaw

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 04:39 PM

In..Looking forward to it.
Posted By: LSM

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 06:10 PM

Pure awesomeness!! I'm not really into the tournament scene, but this really appeals to me because it allows me to fish when and where I want, and it's inexpensive. I just finished up my first online tournament with the other guys and have been wanting to try another. Thanks!

PS/Smack - I hope there are many other contestants so my prize will be a nice one.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: YAK'N AGGIE
Originally Posted By: JJ4MEL

There are not different age divisions right now, but she can compete. You'll have to electronically "sign" the waiver during registration and provide YOUR fishing license # as her guardian. She would compete alongside everyone else for now.

Age divisions is a good idea, and once our participation grows enough to warrant splitting them up, we may do a "16 and up" and a "below 16" division, for instance.

Thanks!!
Posted By: Matty

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 06:34 PM

Sounds like a great, easy way to get involved in my first tournament. I'm in!
Posted By: ETBA

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 07:06 PM

Looks like fun, count me in

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Matty
Sounds like a great, easy way to get involved in my first tournament. I'm in!

That's the idea. We wanted to make a tournament for the casual angler. I personally love putting up $100, grinding out some prefishing time, waking up at the butt crack of dawn and stressing over an 8 hour tournament. But sometimes I just wanna fish. And if I can just go fishing and for ten bucks have a chance at turning my bass into cash, why not?

Good luck!
Posted By: cchoww

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 08:06 PM

I'm in, will sign up this weekend.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 09:13 PM

Can we enter 1 month at a time?

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/29/15 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Rhino68W

Yep! And right now if you sign up before November 15th for 1 month, you'll be entered to win 6 months free. Drawing on the 31st.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/30/15 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: YAK'N AGGIE
Originally Posted By: Rhino68W

Yep! And right now if you sign up before November 15th for 1 month, you'll be entered to win 6 months free. Drawing on the 31st.

Well dang!!
Posted By: Matt-F

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/30/15 02:17 PM

In it to win it
Posted By: Aquiles

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 10/30/15 07:39 PM

Can you enter more than one division Land , Kayak ? If so can you enter the same fish in each?
Posted By: Coach P

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/01/15 02:59 PM

do you have to pay iangler as well? I paid through the angler combat webpage, and was trying to log into the iangler app (for which I have an account) and am being asked to pay $10 to get into the Nov. tournament. Maybe I just have to wait for my account to be created through angler combat. But who wants to wait 24 hours, there are fish to be caught right now!
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/01/15 04:07 PM

Interesting concept, Robert. Reminds me a little of Fan Duel. I think this could grow to be something big. cheers

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/01/15 04:09 PM

Once you are approved it will add the tournament to your I Angler

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/02/15 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Aquiles
Can you enter more than one division Land , Kayak ? If so can you enter the same fish in each?

No, you can only register for one tournament each month. Gotta choose.

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/02/15 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: B_Rod
Interesting concept, Robert. Reminds me a little of Fan Duel. I think this could grow to be something big. cheers

As annoying as those commercials are, that was the inspiration.

Our commercials for Angler Combat began airing on World Fishing Network, Outdoor Channel, and Sportsman Channel yesterday. I promise they won't be airing as often as FanDuel commercials. roflmao

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/02/15 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Coach P
do you have to pay iangler as well? I paid through the angler combat webpage, and was trying to log into the iangler app (for which I have an account) and am being asked to pay $10 to get into the Nov. tournament. Maybe I just have to wait for my account to be created through angler combat. But who wants to wait 24 hours, there are fish to be caught right now!

No. Your confirmation email should explain that it will take 24 hours for your account in iAngler to be activated. If you have an account already, it'll automatically add your Angler Combat tournament to "My Tournaments". If you don't have an iAngler account, you'll get an email with instructions for setting one up. It can take up to 24 hours for your account to be activated in iAngler, but no extra step is required on your part. We cut that part out of the process to make it simpler (and it was no easy task to automate all of that, so enjoy. roflmao)
Posted By: Aquiles

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/03/15 12:55 AM

Hey Robert this is a great concept and I'm looking forward to joining . I have a question about the Hawg Trough measuring board , when I google it I get a lot of different hits, can you tell me where to buy it to make sure I'm getting the official board?

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/03/15 02:43 AM

Mariner Sails
Posted By: NjTexan

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/03/15 02:11 PM

I'm in for 6 months.
Posted By: ipconfig

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/03/15 02:56 PM

Im in.

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/04/15 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Aquiles
Hey Robert this is a great concept and I'm looking forward to joining . I have a question about the Hawg Trough measuring board , when I google it I get a lot of different hits, can you tell me where to buy it to make sure I'm getting the official board?

Mariner Sails has 'em if you're in Dallas, or online: http://shop.mariner-sails.com/Mariner-Sails-Hagens-Hawg-Trough-HAG-97305.htm?categoryId=-1

Be sure to darken the lines with a sharpie so we can judge your fish easier. If we can't see the lines, we have to dock or DQ your fish.
Posted By: BassYak35

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/07/15 05:11 PM

This is awesome!

Robert- I signed up but my acct isn't activated yet. I was going to fish today. Do you know if I can enter fish I catch today if my account activates after I have already fished?

I sent in a request for expediting the activation... Fishing chances are sparse these days with the holidays, haha, gotta take advantage when they show up!

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/10/15 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: BassYak35
This is awesome!

Robert- I signed up but my acct isn't activated yet. I was going to fish today. Do you know if I can enter fish I catch today if my account activates after I have already fished?

I sent in a request for expediting the activation... Fishing chances are sparse these days with the holidays, haha, gotta take advantage when they show up!

Sorry brother, we didn't get your request in time, but yes that would have been fine. I emailed you back. Sorry... we took a Saturday off for once. Shoulda known better! hammer

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/11/15 10:34 PM

In the "Standings", what does the 5+3 mean?
Posted By: Coach P

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/12/15 12:49 AM

5 biggest fish showing with the score, 3 culled fish that are smaller. 8 total fish, but only the biggest 5 count.
Posted By: KRAPPIE KAT

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/12/15 02:25 PM

Any chance of making this a multi species tournament? Sounds like fun but I'm not reall into chasing bass. Catfish and maybe some stripers.

Re: Angler Combat: $10 Online Bass Tournament - 11/13/15 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Coach P
5 biggest fish showing with the score, 3 culled fish that are smaller. 8 total fish, but only the biggest 5 count.

Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum