Pacific Warriors - 10/24/15 08:06 PM

Anybody catch the premier yesterday?

Forgot all about it bang
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/24/15 08:55 PM

This is the one and only time im sad about no cable. crying
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/24/15 09:25 PM

Yeah, I watched it. It's ok, you have to remember it's a TV show about kayak fishermen, not a TV show about kayak fishing. Then there is a spear fisher chick, who seems to be there only to take up time.
Posted By: BKT

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/24/15 10:14 PM

rolleyes
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/24/15 10:38 PM

It's a show about beautiful scenery and catching big fish from a kayak.
It's interesting to watch only if you've fished from a kayak and can identify with the equipment they use.
The editing is kind of funny, but if you like to watch guys who make youtube fishing videos you'll enjoy it!
Posted By: C-Frog

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/24/15 10:55 PM

i thought it was awesome.
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/24/15 11:27 PM

For all you non cable users, you can click on the following link... but make sure you have your adblockers on...

Pacific Warriors streaming
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/25/15 12:32 AM

thumb
Posted By: pyledriver

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/25/15 03:57 AM

The only interesting parts for me were the guys fishing for money. It won't be taking up any space on my dvr..
Posted By: Matty

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/26/15 02:22 AM

I'm sure I'll catch it when I can, but after watching the premier my response was, "meh". The editing is inflated to really over-dramatize it. And I agree with pyledriver, the tuna fishing guys were the best part.
Posted By: John Stockman

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/26/15 11:37 AM

Im just glad to see kayak fishing on basic cable. Yeah it's a little over dramatized.
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/26/15 12:07 PM

dra·ma queen: informal plural noun: drama queensa person who habitually responds to situations in a melodramatic way.

When watching the show... DANGER IS EVERYWHERE! I lost count of how many times the word "danger" was said.

I still watched the show till the end hammer

Posted By: Todd™

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/26/15 01:58 PM

Danger everywhere and the Tuna guys don't have their PFD's on. I agree with Jimbo it's cool because I can relate and I would love to fish those waters!

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/27/15 04:16 PM

The Hawaiian waters sure are beautiful. Deep blue and many aqua colors. I didnt see any brown water wink The episode I saw showed a large needle fish. I didnt know they could get so big! eeks
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/27/15 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd™
Danger everywhere and the Tuna guys don't have their PFD's on. I agree with Jimbo it's cool because I can relate and I would love to fish those waters!

I haven't watched it but was following a discussion on another board where they said that there was some bantering/discussion about the need for PFD's. realmad
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/27/15 05:39 PM

I enjoyed watching them fish; but I didn't like the moment when the yak fisherman "lost" the tuna at the kayak after spearing it. This manufactured a lots of blood in the water drama. That tuna swam away awfully fast for just being speared right behind the eyes.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/27/15 08:03 PM

Too much fake drama.

Pass.

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/28/15 11:54 AM

I do think the girl Is genuine.
Ive never been able to hold my breathe for more than a few min.
She can go 4 min. That alone Is amazing to me. She said she never goes out alone.
So,someone doesnt like the camera?
Posted By: C-Frog

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/28/15 12:01 PM

It's a TV show. There will probably be some manufactured story lines like every "reality" tv show out there, but it is what it is. I just enjoy the scenery, the cool fish, and watching some dudes in kayaks catch fish. It's for entertainment
Posted By: buton

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/28/15 12:24 PM

i saw it yesterday...it is fine, yes a little drama here and there like any reality show... definitely better than DANCE MOMS
Posted By: YakAnglerTTU

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/28/15 01:26 PM

I think the fact that a show like this (good or bad) can exist on a big cable network says alot about our beloved sport! thumb
Posted By: BKT

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/28/15 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: YakAnglerTTU
I think the fact that a show like this (good or bad) can exist on a big cable network says alot about our beloved sport! thumb

True. But for how long?
Posted By: Justin25141

Re: Pacific Warriors - 10/29/15 12:51 AM

Thanks!!!
Posted By: BassFever

Re: Pacific Warriors - 11/01/15 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan90210
Too much fake drama.

Pass.

+1

Beautiful scenery though.

Re: Pacific Warriors - 11/02/15 01:21 AM

I lucked out n caught another show one evening. It was edited a lil better than the 1st IMO. Still had too much drama but I think that may b discovery for ya. That lady angler is cooler than I first thought. Just think shes real and cool.
Posted By: YakFishField

Re: Pacific Warriors - 11/02/15 07:53 PM

For those of you saying "too much drama," that's the only way a kayak fishing show would ever make it to prime time TV like Discovery Channel. Discovery isn't a fishing channel; its audience doesn't want to watch a fishing show. "Real" fishing shows are on WFN or Outdoor Channel, like Hoover's or Sammons' shows. Hell, even River Monsters over-dramatizes a lot of these "freshwater killers" (and I love that show).

I've enjoyed it for what it is. But regardless of everyone's stance on the validity or reality of the show... the reality is: this is HUGE for our sport. Millions of people will be introduced to kayak fishing through this. Our sport will benefit, and a rising tide raises all ships. More companies will begin looking to kayak fishing, and the great companies already in it like Mariner Sails will benefit as well.

Personally, I'm STOKED that those guys made this happen. Kudos to them.

My only gripe with the show is no PFDs. And I think that blame lies with the producers; they should have required them IMO. bang
Posted By: BassFever

Re: Pacific Warriors - 11/02/15 08:20 PM

Some of them just look like D-bags. "don't fish my water dude". "get the F out of here dude I'll give you 10 minutes to pack up and leave". Sure doesn't make kayak fishermen look good IMO.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Pacific Warriors - 11/02/15 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: YAK'N AGGIE
For those of you saying "too much drama," that's the only way a kayak fishing show would ever make it to prime time TV like Discovery Channel. Discovery isn't a fishing channel; its audience doesn't want to watch a fishing show. "Real" fishing shows are on WFN or Outdoor Channel, like Hoover's or Sammons' shows. Hell, even River Monsters over-dramatizes a lot of these "freshwater killers" (and I love that show).

I've enjoyed it for what it is. But regardless of everyone's stance on the validity or reality of the show... the reality is: this is HUGE for our sport. Millions of people will be introduced to kayak fishing through this. Our sport will benefit, and a rising tide raises all ships. More companies will begin looking to kayak fishing, and the great companies already in it like Mariner Sails will benefit as well.

Personally, I'm STOKED that those guys made this happen. Kudos to them.

My only gripe with the show is no PFDs. And I think that blame lies with the producers; they should have required them IMO. bang

Good point sir, my FIL used to think it was ridiculous that I kayak fished. Now he is interested since he started watching the show. Even a few of my friends have been asking me a lot about it.

But yes, the not wearing a PFD thing and attitude parts are ridiculous.
Posted By: YakFishField

Re: Pacific Warriors - 11/02/15 09:12 PM

If anyone really wants to dive deeper into this subject of how this will affect our sport from a very well-written perspective, check out Mark Vlaskamp's (right-hand man at Yak Gear) blog post on the subject:

http://www.canoevibes.com/#!Pacific-Warriors-What-I-Expect-From-Mainstream-Growth/c22zv/5637a4fa0cf23796cd896fca

Titled: Pacific Warriors: What I Expect From Mainstream Growth
Posted By: pyledriver

Re: Pacific Warriors - 11/03/15 02:23 AM

It's huge for retailers of kayak gear. It'll be huge for us when the flood of barely used kayaks hits Craigslist late summer!
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Pacific Warriors - 11/03/15 12:44 PM

Nothing new to add. I agree with much of the criticism already posted.

But, I wanted to mention how much worse it could have been.

The "low water" mark for these sorts of over-dramatized TV programs for me was one where a couple of country boys: beer bellies, bad grammar, and scant teeth, etc., were plying the dangerous waters of . . . small, algae covered ponds . . . looking for bubbles from . . . snapping turtles! It was so over-dramatized and over-hyped, it was actually comical.

The comedy routine lasted about 10 minutes for me; that was all I could stand. I suppose it ran for a few episodes before it died a sudden death.

Brad
Posted By: NjTexan

Re: Pacific Warriors - 11/03/15 02:22 PM

I kinda like it. Not enough to remember what time or day it's on, but enough to watch if I can't get into the current episode of Central Texas Gardener.

Re: Pacific Warriors - 11/05/15 01:00 AM

For anyone thats wondering what this thread about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVmU1rZImic

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/455596479...?#sp=show-clips

Posted By: SuperSpookJr

Re: Pacific Warriors - 11/06/15 06:29 AM

I've enjoyed the show, since I had low expectations. The whole "Don't fish my spot, bro." may have more to do with this being Hawaii than anything. Just like a stranger dropping in for a wave at a local surfing spot will likely get you a similar response or worse, the kayak fishermen are equally territorial. I think the show made reference to Hawaiian fishermen behaving like this for centuries. It's foreign to us since we're generally very tolerant of each other's presence and would probably react in quite the opposite manner. The only thing that I could equate it to would be fishing a tournament and having someone sidle up within casting distance without asking permission first.

I agree the lack of PFD wearing sends a bad message.

-SSJr
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum