Texas Fishing Forum

Another day offshore in Corpus and another Kingfish in the boat!!

Posted By: FishyRichy

Another day offshore in Corpus and another Kingfish in the boat!! - 10/15/15 05:29 PM

Hey guys, I went out to Corpus this past weekend to find amazing conditions for some BTB kayak fishing. It started a bit foggy, but ended up being a beautiful day on the water. The fish didn't seem to want to cooperate until it was time to head back in, so I ended up with a buzzer beater kingfish right near the surf zone. My 2 buddies stayed out a bit longer and ended the day with a keeper cobia each ( I kinda wish I had stayed for some of that action). Anyways here is a little video I made of the day, hope you enjoy!!

Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Another day offshore in Corpus and another Kingfish in the boat!! - 10/15/15 06:35 PM

Man I love corpus. Great stuff dude
Posted By: Cudadude

Re: Another day offshore in Corpus and another Kingfish in the boat!! - 10/16/15 12:33 PM

Ok that made me salt sick again sick nothing more fun than fishing the rigs there. We need to plan a salt trip guys.

Re: Another day offshore in Corpus and another Kingfish in the boat!! - 10/16/15 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Cudadude
Ok that made me salt sick again sick nothing more fun than fishing the rigs there. We need to plan a salt trip guys.

Conditions look pretty terrible for this weekend, and magicseaweed is predicting it's gonna stay that way for a bit...I am going to tentatively plan for a trip the weekend of the 31st if the gulf cooperates...Halloween BTB!!! banana
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Another day offshore in Corpus and another Kingfish in the boat!! - 10/17/15 01:47 PM

I so wish I could. Its too late in the season for me to do any long range fishing trips. Come spring/summer...im in for sure!!!
Posted By: BKT

Re: Another day offshore in Corpus and another Kingfish in the boat!! - 10/18/15 01:04 PM

I fell in love with the salt last year but never made it that far south. Now I've got to do my very best to get down that way at least once during the 2016 summer.
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: Another day offshore in Corpus and another Kingfish in the boat!! - 10/20/15 01:56 PM

Nice! What camera u shootin with?
was down on pins weds and had a killer trip.. we fished btb thurs with so so results then :-( the surf pounded and wind blew all weekend. The red tide also pushed out the fish :-(

Re: Another day offshore in Corpus and another Kingfish in the boat!! - 10/21/15 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE
Nice! What camera u shootin with?
was down on pins weds and had a killer trip.. we fished btb thurs with so so results then :-( the surf pounded and wind blew all weekend. The red tide also pushed out the fish :-(

I use a GoPro 3+ Black edition and edit with windows movie maker. I fished the Sunday before Sharkathon and the current had just started to turn north and wash the red tide back towards Corpus. Fortunately we didn't see or smell any signs the day we were there.

Thanks For checking it out!! smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum