Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville launch site

Posted By: FlashFrog

Lake Lewisville launch site - 10/10/15 03:25 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good launch site for my kayak on lake Lewisville close to Flower Mound or Highland Village area for tomorrow evening. Preferably free. Isn't there somewhere close to Pilot Knoll park?or really anywhere that might give me a chance to catch some fish. I'd appreciate you being specific as possible because I'm not great wth directions! Thanks so much!
Posted By: stewage

Re: Lake Lewisville launch site - 10/11/15 02:47 AM

The 2499 bridge that crosses hickory creek/lake lewisville has a parking lot on the east side of the road, just before the bridge.

You can park here and kayak, my wife and I have done it a few times.

During the flood it was quite a hike but the water was up and we launched from under the bridge. I have no idea where the water is now, but I imagine it is a longer hiker than then.

I would check it out and try and plan your route around the path of least resistance before hauling your kayak down one of the random paths.

I couldn't tell you how to fish out there, since I didn't catch any fish out there, but I suck at fishing!
Posted By: FlashFrog

Re: Lake Lewisville launch site - 10/11/15 03:57 AM

Thanks so much, Stewage. That's a huge help! I know where you're talking about. I'll go check it out!
Posted By: CPR

Re: Lake Lewisville launch site - 10/11/15 04:26 PM

You have a pm
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum