Texas Fishing Forum

Greenbelt at 380

Posted By: JJ4MEL

Greenbelt at 380 - 10/02/15 04:54 PM

Has anyone been lately? Have they re-opened the park? I haven't driven by there in a while and I know they stopped releasing from RR so I was hopeful they opened it up. My daughter said she wanted to go kayaking tomorrow but not on a lake. She wants to go on an "adventure"!! The access by the Ray Roberts dam is too steep for me to launch 2 yaks on my own.

Any other ideas for rivers or creeks close to home with an easy launch and nice paddle? I live in McKinney so was trying to keep it close to home.
Posted By: Slingbait

Re: Greenbelt at 380 - 10/02/15 06:27 PM

I went by about a week ago and it was still closed. I wish I knew if there was another access to it.

Re: Greenbelt at 380 - 10/02/15 07:09 PM

You can access below Ray Roberts dam, but the canoe/kayak launch location is steep stairs. Too steep for me. I assume it is still closed due to the need to clean up all the debris and the bike trails probably washed away.
Posted By: mickeytfc

Re: Greenbelt at 380 - 10/02/15 07:23 PM

The access at 428 is open. I have been from there since all the floods so I don't know the conditions, but I've seen lots of people putting in there.
Posted By: Slingbait

Re: Greenbelt at 380 - 10/02/15 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: mickeytfc
The access at 428 is open. I have been from there since all the floods so I don't know the conditions, but I've seen lots of people putting in there.

Thanks I will check it out.
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Greenbelt at 380 - 10/03/15 10:45 AM

The 380 entrance is still closed. Unless the water is still way high it also is a difficult launch. You can however go right across 380 and put in. Lots of people do. The water isnt very far from there but you may want a cart. Im not sure if you have been or not but to get to the lake and back is just a touch over 9 miles. Lots of gar andeater size cats...im sure other stuff too but these are what ive fished for there. Have fun. Hope this answers your questions.
Posted By: GoKart Mozart

Re: Greenbelt at 380 - 10/03/15 05:34 PM

Yep it's closed at 380.. I go through a lot on bike. I scouted south of 380 the other day to see the changes in a spot I had marked for Gar fishing and wow it was very different post flood. I am about to go through there again in a few minutes on the fat bike. [url=][/url] [img][/img]

Re: Greenbelt at 380 - 10/04/15 01:14 AM

Daughter and I put in at 428 and went North. Caught 12 hungry LMB and a fat crappie within minutes. Beautiful day for fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum