Texas Fishing Forum

best place to kayak fly fish near Arlington?

Posted By: kayakbuzzin

best place to kayak fly fish near Arlington? - 10/01/15 02:52 AM

Im an expeierenced boater and angler. Im just new to Texas fishing and fly fishing. Any places i should try? I can travel some but someone recently stole my spare i dont want to be stuck. Let me know of any fly tackle i should buy.
Posted By: charlief1

Re: best place to kayak fly fish near Arlington? - 10/01/15 05:17 AM

Fort Worth and Dallas have the Trinity rivers and that would be a good place to start. Backwoods in Fort Worth off university can give you some idea of what's working on the river right now. If you want lakes, then there's more than enough in the area to fish. Lake Arlington should also be close to you if you want really close. wink
Posted By: mr.tawakoni

Re: best place to kayak fly fish near Arlington? - 10/01/15 05:23 AM

Purtis creek!!
Is great right now. I have caught several the last few weekends. This past Sunday I caught a 8+.
Posted By: kayakbuzzin

Re: best place to kayak fly fish near Arlington? - 10/01/15 07:17 PM

Purtis creek south east of dallas? And i often go off to joe pool but im not a fan of that lake. Looking for places like lake whitney. Ive heard too many horrible things about the trinity to set my kayak in there. Lake arlington was really dirty last time i went out there plus i didnt feel safe for myself or leaving my truck in parking lot.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum