Texas Fishing Forum

Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK!

Posted By: yakintime

Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/21/15 09:59 PM

That's right! We're trying something new this year. LAKE FORK!

We'll be hosting a Fall G2G at Lake Fork with all the goodies you are used to......Demos, Games, Clinics and general FUN! We'll also have a Brisket COOKOFF! that's right BRISKET! Hmmmmm...... and on top of that......

The great folks who hosted our Working Man's Tournaments this year have issued..... The Working MAn's Challenge HOW Benefit Tournament

We'll have Native Watercraft, Hobie, Wilderness, Feel Free, NuCanoe, Santa Cruz and lots of other Kayaks to try out so don't be shy. If you've never been to Lake Fork , now's your chance to give this beautiful lake a try.

As always you'll also be doing some good for our local HOW Chapter . So invite your friends!
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/21/15 11:10 PM

Woot Woot!!! This is gonna be so much FUN!!!
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/21/15 11:53 PM

Posted By: Jason Delfraisse

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/22/15 02:53 PM

With the 2016 share a lunker season starting just two days before, there is bound to be some absolute Gigantic bass caught! With all the monies going to HOW there will be no cash payout for this but who needs cash when you can win a hobie with mirage drive, a hobie sup, or any number of great prizes, not to mention FUN! This is shaping up to be the BIGGEST event in the DFW this year!!! If you plan to fish or just demo kayaks come on out for fun food and games! The weighin will be something for families and every one to enjoy, going to be different than your normal weighin!
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/22/15 03:02 PM

I'm stoked about this, while my wife is sick of hearing about it haha! Got my camping arrangements made, fishing plan set, just trying to get a couple more rod/reels and I will be G2G for the G2G and tourney!
Posted By: John Stockman

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/23/15 12:18 PM

I'm ready headed there again Sat to prefish.
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/23/15 03:26 PM

This'll be fun, I may or may not do the tourney but I will definately be there!!! Will be my first time ever to Fork so really looking forward to it!!!
Also wouldnt mind fishing out of one of the Nucanoe Pursuits...IF thats possible? Looking at upgrading to that hopefully next year!! Would love to sooner but the wifey would get flame

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/23/15 09:27 PM

How many people have registered already? I will be doing it tomorrow most likely.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/24/15 12:15 AM

RJ, we got about 15 so far... I know a lot more guys that are taking their sweet time to register... LOL

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/24/15 12:16 PM

I'm curious about attendance too. I wouldn't be surprised if we had 75 or more show.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/24/15 12:47 PM

speaking of people taking their sweet time to register... JOHN... LOL.
Posted By: Carver

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/24/15 05:24 PM

I suspect it will be a lot like an eBay auction, the last minutes get busy. This is waaay too much fun to pass up. It should have the best turnout yet.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/24/15 07:03 PM

For the people attending the GTG only.. we will have a lot of fun activities that you can win very good prizes. We are planning a Kiddie Pole Challenge... a few guys/gals, each get a kiddie pole and lures of their choice, and take out a kayak/hawg trough.. the first one to catch a Bass wins a prize!!! Woot Woot!!!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/24/15 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: The Black Hammer
For the people attending the GTG only.. we will have a lot of fun activities that you can win very good prizes. We are planning a Kiddie Pole Challenge... a few guys/gals, each get a kiddie pole and lures of their choice, and take out a kayak/hawg trough.. the first one to catch a Bass wins a prize!!! Woot Woot!!!

Should make it biggest bass after 60 minutes wins! Just take a wacky rig and hang on!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/24/15 07:21 PM

LOL RJ this is only for the people that are going to the GTG only, not your tournament guys!!! We wanted to do the first to turn in a 22" will win a prize for the Tournament guys, but didn't want to get any more complaints about service.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/24/15 07:25 PM

I know, I was just saying people will be fighting to get that first fish haha.

As for the Signal problem. Most peoples phone have the time it was taken in the details. It would just take some coordination to get everyone's when we got back.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/24/15 07:34 PM

I expect a few of the guys to have a fish with in their first 5 casts...

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/24/15 10:30 PM

Yeah I'm taking my time. Here's the real anxiety move. I don't have service on Fork. So nobody will know what I have until very end.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/25/15 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: John Stockman
Yeah I'm taking my time. Here's the real anxiety move. I don't have service on Fork. So nobody will know what I have until very end.

That works both ways though! You won't know what others will have until the end. Beginners luck might pull through. Haha

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/25/15 08:12 PM

I'll post my best 5 tomorrow on dfw kayak fishing

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/25/15 08:27 PM

I'll post my best 5 tomorrow on dfw kayak fishing

Yeah ima need locations(ten digit grid coordinates), lures, line sizes, and technique descriptions with those pics.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/25/15 09:55 PM

What rules are there for the tourney?
Posted By: Carver

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/25/15 10:02 PM

Basic times etc. are posted on the tourney page: https://ianglertournament.com/node/488
Posted By: Fisherman13

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/26/15 02:51 AM

I say we just fish and have a good time! I just excited to be fishing at Lake Fork all weekend! Had a pretty good time last Wed. with my buddy Rob out there. Can't wait to go back now. Such an awesome lake! I'm not gonna worry too much about who wins.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/26/15 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Fisherman13
I say we just fish and have a good time! I just excited to be fishing at Lake Fork all weekend! Had a pretty good time last Wed. with my buddy Rob out there. Can't wait to go back now. Such an awesome lake! I'm not gonna worry too much about who wins.

Thats what I'm thinkin! Looks like I wont be in the tourne as I wouldn't make it to the captain's meetings...but Fork has been on my top list so looking forward to being there and fishin it as much as I can!!!
Posted By: addicted

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/28/15 12:38 PM

We don't have to make both Captain's meetings, do we?

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/28/15 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: addicted
We don't have to make both Captain's meetings, do we?

Only 1. This is where you'll get your identifier.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/28/15 02:06 PM

Here's a question for ya Duc. How can my friends and family view the current standings during the tournament?

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/28/15 02:38 PM

They can click here: Mariner Sails Working Man's Challenge
Posted By: YakFishField

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/28/15 02:49 PM

This is going to be a blast, see you guys there!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/28/15 09:16 PM

I get paid Thursday so my name will be on there soon! Can't wait!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/29/15 11:05 AM

Still kinda nervous about tournament fishing.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/29/15 12:39 PM

yea, John... we know. But practice makes perfect.. so get out there and get it done!! This is going to be a blast!!! Can't wait to get everything setup!!!!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/29/15 12:56 PM

Plus John this is for HOW, so everyone is a winner regardless of the outcome. thumb
Posted By: Pop751

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/30/15 03:39 PM

Lines in at 6:30 AM Saturday. First fish at 6:00:30! fish

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/30/15 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Rhino68W
Plus John this is for HOW, so everyone is a winner regardless of the outcome. thumb

Exactly!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/30/15 03:42 PM

Still kinda nervous about tournament fishing.

I've never fished a kayak tournament before either. My game plan is to go out and fish like I usually do and let everything else take care of itself. The worst day fishing is better than a day of work. Fishing is all about having a good time to me.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/30/15 08:25 PM

Hey jasoniam -

If you can't make it Friday there's a Captain's meeting Saturday B4 the event too!
CAPTAIN'S MEETING
10/03/2015 05:30 AM Lake Fork Marina & Motel

And fishing for fun is a great option too! We'll have all sorts of boats available for demo. We'll have Clinics, contests and games too! And did I mention the Brisket?.........BRISKET!

Manufacturer's reps from Native Watercraft,Feel Free, Hobie, Wilderness, Santa Cruz, Old Town and Ocean Kayak, and more......
Fund Raising Raffle will benefit Heros on the Water too!

Come to compete, come to demo, come to share.........just come to have FUN!

See ya there! Aris
Posted By: KevinB

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/30/15 08:32 PM

Allright. Just registered and donated my money to HOW, banana cause Lord knows I won't be winning this thing. bang
Got a tent site reserved at LFM. Will see you guys Friday evening. I've only fished fork one other time, about 15 years ago. So I'm looking forward to it.

How long will all the festivities be going on. I'd like to do some demos. Will they still be happening after the tourney is over? And when is the brisket eating supposed to start?

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/30/15 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: yakintime

Hey jasoniam -

If you can't make it Friday there's a Captain's meeting Saturday B4 the event too!
CAPTAIN'S MEETING

See ya there! Aris

Hopefully I can make that one probably not though still real early as I'm 2 hours out!
BUT I will be out there though!!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 09/30/15 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: jasoniam

Hey jasoniam -

CAPTAIN'S MEETING

See ya there! Aris

Hopefully I can make that one probably not though still real early as I'm 2 hours out!
BUT I will be out there though!!

Believe me I know it! Hope to see you there!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/01/15 12:28 AM

Thanks KevinB

Demos till 3pm - what do you want to try and I'll try to pack it last smile or come in a little early.....
Brisket after awards! Probably 4ish......

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/01/15 03:17 AM

Thanks KevinB

Demos till 3pm - what do you want to try and I'll try to pack it last smile or come in a little early.....

would we be able to fish out of a demo? I would love to see how a nuance pursuit would handle!!!!!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/01/15 03:37 AM

Thanks KevinB

I definitely want to give the ATAK a spin and maybe the slayer propel as well.

Being that I'll probably be firmly entrenched in last place by about 6:35 am, maybe I'll come on in a bit early

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/01/15 01:12 PM

I'm very excited about this...I was eyeballing my briskest at winco foods last night. I'm a little jealous of the guys and gals fishing tomorrow, I am alway starving when I come off the water and you are going to have some delicious food to eat. But in other news I want to say this is shaping up to be the biggest and best event of the year! We are going to raise a good deal of money for HOW this weekend. And I want to thank everyone that has made it out to a working mans tournament this year. It's because of you guys and gals that mariner sails has worked so hard at getting us all the prizes and demos and vendors and all the behind the scenes things! thumb

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/01/15 06:20 PM

Signed up today! Can't wait to get back out there! I practiced my pics at South Lake the other day on some little fish.. but those little ones are the ones that will flop off the trough the quickest.
How does this pic look will this cut it?

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/01/15 06:32 PM

That's a good pic...but try and move the bait where the lip touching the board is clearly visible. Don't care if you leave the bait in the mouth but would hate to see you get docked because the lip isn't visible.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/01/15 06:47 PM

Cool thanks for the tip Jason I'll remember that.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/01/15 06:56 PM

Are we rounding down to the nearest 1/4" for this tournament?

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/01/15 07:08 PM

yes to down to the nearest 1/4".

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/01/15 09:34 PM

Don't know bout youz guyz, but I am anxiously excited about Saturday! Never fished Fork been a dream for a few years so I am really looking forward to this!!! Can't wait!!!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/01/15 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: jasoniam
Don't know bout youz guyz, but I am anxiously excited about Saturday! Never fished Fork been a dream for a few years so I am really looking forward to this!!! Can't wait!!!

X2

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/01/15 10:55 PM

yes to down to the nearest 1/4".

Ahhh....now we're getting down to the nitty gritty!
Posted By: nativetxn59

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/02/15 12:20 AM

Yaks on trailer and everything ready to be loaded when we get off work.
Posted By: jcrash

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/02/15 11:37 AM

I missed the online registration deadline. Can we register at the meeting tomorrow morning at 5:30?

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/02/15 12:15 PM

yes, you can. I know a lot of people that are going to sign up at the captain's meeting.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/02/15 12:24 PM

Thanks.
Posted By: SpiderJig

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/02/15 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: jcrash
I missed the online registration deadline. Can we register at the meeting tomorrow morning at 5:30?
Slacker roflmao

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/02/15 03:34 PM

Looks like Duc has the online registration for the Working Mans Challenge open all day today! For those of you who want to register online - your In - go for it! For those of you who want to register on-site......we'll have that option too....it will be On-Line Registration On site as this is an iAngler Scored Tournament! See ya there!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/02/15 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: SpiderJig
Originally Posted By: jcrash
Slacker roflmao

Not anymore! Signed up and ready to go.

Thanks for re-opening online registration.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/02/15 06:04 PM

My van is loaded with so many prizes and items for the raffle and auction I can't see out of my rear view mirror!
I can't wait to head out for this event!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/02/15 06:17 PM

This is gonna be epic!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/02/15 08:04 PM

This is gonna be epic!

Heck yeah it is!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/05/15 12:19 AM

Had an awesome time! Didn't catch any scoring fish but met some great people! And was glad to contribute some money to H.O.W.!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/05/15 12:39 AM

Thanks to all that competed!!! This was an excellent turn out! Congratulations to all the winners!! Plus I'm pretty sure almost everyone went home with something! It was a tough weekend for sure. Almost everyone caught like a dozen or so 8" fish.. Well me and Jason went out Sunday morning for a few hours and I got 1 5" dink and Jason got skunked.. tough, tough, tough. So anyways, congrats to the winners!!

1st - Jay Pershin (4-fish) 77"
2nd - Nathan Debord (3-fish) 57.75"
3rd - RJ Hillman (3 fish) 44.5"

I'm very proud of you guys!! I know you've busted [censored] all year and grown and honned your skills to get to where you are. I think this is RJ's first Big Tournament and he was so pumped about it. It was awesome. Thanks again to our many vendors that sent us our Prizes: YakAttack, YakGear, Bison Coolers, Native, Scotty, Bending Branches, Super Nova Lights, Backwater Paddle, Polar Bear Coolers, Wilderness, Hoo-Rag, Hobie, NRS, Johnson Outdoors, Werner Paddles, Manley Rods, BoonDox, Smith Optics, and KJ's Custom Lures!!! This certainly would not have been so successful if it wasn't for everyone's support!! Thank You!!!
Posted By: YakFishField

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/05/15 02:38 PM

Great job with the tournament and the event everyone. Had fun hanging out and catching up with a lot of you. I'll be competing in the next one!

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/05/15 03:48 PM

Lots of fun. Thanks to Aris and all the volunteers for doing all the hard work behind the scenes.

Re: Fall G2G and HOW Benefit Oct 3rd FORK! - 10/06/15 03:49 PM

Duc and Jason did a FANTASIC job pulling this event off! We couldn't be more fortunate here at Mariner to have these guys involved in helping is grow the sport of kayak fishing. What a great windup to a season of Kayak Fishing FUN! This was one enjoyable event! This was also the largest amount of money EVER RAISED AT A G2G for HOW! The official count will be out soon - watch for details!

Something that also helped to make this event successful........Duc, Jason and Bryan's SEASON LONG effort to promote and execute our "Workingmans" events EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT for weeks and weeks and weeks on end! This first building block brought new folks into a tournament atmosphere by providing a casual experience and introduction to tournament fishing. Bravo gents! I know that you all invested quite a bit of time energy and resources to the success of these events. It is obvious you 3 aren't just "going through the motions", you are fully invested in making this experience a great one for folks wanting to participate in a tournament experience without any pressure. This is the way to grow kayak fishing!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum