Texas Fishing Forum

Near Catastrophic Power Pole Mount Failure!! And NuCanoe Pursuit Review..

Posted By: JOED214

Near Catastrophic Power Pole Mount Failure!! And NuCanoe Pursuit Review.. - 09/04/15 12:38 AM

Took the Pursuit out for its maiden voyage last weekend. The boat preformed excellent as you can read about in my review on my blog page. The day did become a bit interesting when the Micro Power Pole transom mount came loose sending the unit along with my stick it pin and camera to the bottom of the river! I was standing when I heard what I thought was a fish jumping over the back of my boat. I saw the splash and then it hit me....THAT WAS MY POWER POLE! After an hour or so dredging the neck deep water, all was thankfully recovered. These things must be built very well. After being submerged in the river for an hour or so, the Micro power Pole works as new! Im certain that this was due to operator or installation error.... I did get to put the Pursuit through its paces and you can read my thoughts on this great new boat from NuCanoe over on my blog page...
Pursuit Review
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Near Catastrophic Power Pole Mount Failure!! And NuCanoe Pursuit Review.. - 09/04/15 02:13 AM

Thanks for the review, Joe. cheers Did you ever figure out why the power pole fell off?
Posted By: JOED214

Re: Near Catastrophic Power Pole Mount Failure!! And NuCanoe Pursuit Review.. - 09/04/15 10:34 AM

Still not 100% sure Bert but I think that I probably didn't have the transom mount tight enough. It will all be leashed to the boat somehow now! bang
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Near Catastrophic Power Pole Mount Failure!! And NuCanoe Pursuit Review.. - 09/04/15 02:23 PM

Guess you got to practice open water reentry skills in the Pursuit?!
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Near Catastrophic Power Pole Mount Failure!! And NuCanoe Pursuit Review.. - 09/04/15 02:50 PM

I've always had trouble with those clamp on mounts on trolling motors staying tight, so a leash will probably be a must have.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum