Texas Fishing Forum

Storing Rods with a full pickup?

Posted By: TexomaCatfisher

Storing Rods with a full pickup? - 08/29/15 09:41 PM

I'm sure I can't be the only one with this problem: I have a single can pickup with no room for rods, so I've always struggled to find a place for my fishing rods when I have my kayak in the bed. Previously I've been putting them inside my kayak (I have a SINK) but by now I've bent and broken enough eyes to learn that this isn't the best idea. What are some of y'all's rod transport ideas? And any suggestions for bait casting eyelet repair (I'm only half joking)?
Posted By: a lo109

Re: Storing Rods with a full pickup? - 08/30/15 12:37 AM

Use "Gear Tie", its like a bendable wire coated in rubber. I use them to bundle up multiple rods. You can run it through your truck bed stake holes to tie your rods just under the top rail of the truck bed. They will be out of the way and won't bounce around.
Posted By: pocfishin

Re: Storing Rods with a full pickup? - 08/30/15 01:15 AM

I have seen this advertised but never used it http://www.rodsman.com/

Lots of ideas and techniques out there https://www.google.com/search?q=fishing+...CFQSigAodhLwKrg
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Storing Rods with a full pickup? - 08/30/15 01:44 AM

Get a length of 4" PVC pipe and cap one end. Slide your rods in the open end and cover the reels with a plastic bag to keep the road grime out. Strap it down in your yak.
Posted By: LSM

Re: Storing Rods with a full pickup? - 08/30/15 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim Ford
Get a length of 4" PVC pipe and cap one end. Slide your rods in the open end and cover the reels with a plastic bag to keep the road grime out. Strap it down in your yak.

This. Easy, effective, and most importantly, cheap.
Posted By: TexomaCatfisher

Re: Storing Rods with a full pickup? - 08/30/15 05:40 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I think I'm going to attempt to build something like what pocfishin suggested with the google link out of PVC pipe. I'll just need them at a low enough angle that they don't get caught in low hanging branches
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum