Texas Fishing Forum

Wifey mad in 3.2.1

Posted By: theduke

Wifey mad in 3.2.1 - 08/20/15 02:26 AM

Headed out in the morning to buy a Lowrance elite 5 from academy other than a battery can anyone let me know what else I might need. I have all the stuff to mount it and the transducer, just wanted your opinion.
Posted By: HERROUTDOORS

Re: Wifey mad in 3.2.1 - 08/20/15 03:42 AM

Should be about it if you have a battery and know where you are going to mount it.
Posted By: stewage

Re: Wifey mad in 3.2.1 - 08/20/15 03:43 AM

You might consider getting some waterproof connectors and a waterproof box for the battery.

I also recommend a fuse at the very least, which is super cheap.

Congrats on the new toy! thumb
Posted By: TheSinistral

Re: Wifey mad in 3.2.1 - 08/20/15 03:24 PM

Congrats!!

I have the Elite 5 HDI on my PA14 so just some thoughts about mine FWIW:

1) I have had it for a while but last week I really committed to fishing deeper water while using the FF. I could plainly see my jig bouncing off the bottom under the yak in 25-30 ft of water. In the heat of day I caught a catfish and 8 freshwater drum fishing under bait balls which is an interesting new method for me. Probably killer for crappie fishing..
2) I use a 8AH 'deer feeder' battery and using it 100% of the time with the backlight at '10' I get about 5.5-6 hours from a fully charged battery. ( I recently added a solar panel but no report yet on how much that may extend battery life).
3) Most important IMO: I bought a $99 micro SD card (Navionics HotMaps) with the better topo maps. Though they work as advertised I was struck by how much it slows down the GPS functionality. Zooming in or out for instance went from near instantaneous to about a 1-2 second delay per button press. It's still worth having but worth noting.
Posted By: crabtrap

Re: Wifey mad in 3.2.1 - 08/20/15 04:00 PM

According to your post topic, you best be bringing home roses and a whole bucket of kiss a** LOL
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Wifey mad in 3.2.1 - 08/20/15 04:35 PM

Thinking the same way . . .

After 3, 2, 1 comes the "boom."

Brad
Posted By: whiskerfrisker

Re: Wifey mad in 3.2.1 - 08/20/15 04:45 PM

Let us bow our heads in a moment of silence for our friend, theduke. He was a good man, although I personally did not know him, he had high hopes and aspiring dreams of improving his fishing game. Hopes and dreams that were inevitably shot down by this ancient evil known as, wifey. We have all been there and feel the deeply seated pain, that pain deep in the seat of the trousers. May he rest in piece.
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: Wifey mad in 3.2.1 - 08/20/15 05:09 PM

You need to figure out how you are going to mount it. The newer Lowrance transducers are too wide to fit in a lot of scupper holes. if you were planning on a scupper mount. Newer yaks have taken this into consideration though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum