Texas Fishing Forum

Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch

Posted By: spazm09

Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/12/15 12:07 AM

Me and a fellow TFFer will be launching around 7 or 8. Most likely we'll be launching at John Paul jones park and fishing the creek channel around the 190 bridge.

I think I wanna try drifting. Normal I don't drift in summer.

Anyone is welcome to join.
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/12/15 01:35 AM

We've got an interesting wind situation. Wind is going to be from the North and East for the next several days. Friday should be an east wind, and I think that should allow us to drift the channel from the launch, under 190, and all the way under the Rowlett Rd. bridge.

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/12/15 04:19 AM

I noticed that too. I figure we can just paddle straight north from the ramp until we reach the channel and just start our drift there. You have a graph right? Cause I don't. I just study navionics beforehand and eyeball it.

I know I said it last time and didn't, but this time I WILL be bringing live bluegill instead of dead ones. I would love to get a big fatty flatty. I've never caught one, not even by chance. Also gonna throw my net all along the retaining wall of that park and try for some big gizzards.

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/12/15 02:26 PM

I have a non-GPS fish finder. I've got the Navionics phone app if needed. We'll get it close enough.

I think we might have good luck anchored up on the southeast point directly north across the lake from the JPJ ramp. Should have wind directly on it, and there's a lot of submerged timber there. Got water shallow down to 18ft in a relatively small area, so I think we can find them. If we don't catch anything in a pretty short period of time, we can paddle south to find the channel and drift. Sound good?
Posted By: bert

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/12/15 02:31 PM

I hit that area last weekend with fresh shad, shad were easy to catch over by where the old Dal Rock Marina was but we only caught 3 cats drifting with the southwest wind all of them on transition slopes in 8-12 foot. With the north/east wind the shad should be over by the JPJ park area try to the right of the boat ramp in 8-12 foot they like the sand and rocks there. Let us know how it goes.

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/12/15 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: HeavyLead
I have a non-GPS fish finder. I've got the Navionics phone app if needed. We'll get it close enough.

I think we might have good luck anchored up on the southeast point directly north across the lake from the JPJ ramp. Should have wind directly on it, and there's a lot of submerged timber there. Got water shallow down to 18ft in a relatively small area, so I think we can find them. If we don't catch anything in a pretty short period of time, we can paddle south to find the channel and drift. Sound good?

Sounds like a plan. Are you gonna be fishing on the bottom or under a float? I might try one of each until I find out which they like best.

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/12/15 02:44 PM

The navionics webapp isn't working right now. It all comes up but the map just doesn't load.

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/12/15 02:45 PM

same on my phone and laptop

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/12/15 03:15 PM

It's been hit and miss. They are having some kind of trouble. The phone app works though, since the maps are pre-downloaded.

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/12/15 03:18 PM

I'm going to be fishing the near the bottom with a Santee Cooper rig this time. 2-3 ft leader. I may regret that, but we'll see how it goes. I'm just going to bring one rod. Two rods is hard for me to deal with, especially at night.

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/14/15 05:13 PM

Bump for anyone else who wants to go. It's just us two right now.
Posted By: Chess101

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/14/15 05:26 PM

Wish I could. Hope you guys get into them
Posted By: UrsusVeritas

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/14/15 08:08 PM

I have to check with wife.

If i do make it out there, Ill be in the mango ride 115. Ill update my status on here if I can go.
Kyle

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/14/15 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: UrsusVeritas
I have to check with wife.

If i do make it out there, Ill be in the mango ride 115. Ill update my status on here if I can go.
Kyle

Hey Kyle, change of plans. Matt (Spazm09) had something come up. We are going to go tomorrow evening instead, and launch at the old marina on Rowlett Rd.

Jared

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/14/15 08:35 PM

Yeah sorry guys. My sister was being very inconsiderate and had her baby early. Jacked up my whole weekend schedule. Lol.

Mom and baby are both doing good.

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/14/15 09:18 PM

Ok. Sounds good. I'll probably join you tomorrow

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/14/15 09:33 PM

Sounds good.

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/14/15 09:51 PM

Groovy
Posted By: TxSteveO

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/15/15 05:05 PM

Still 7-8p tonight?

I have a house full of inlaws in town this weekend, but bro-in-law supposed to be bringing his kayak and we want to get out. Debatable if we can get out by 7, possibly by 8. I'll know more later. Need to google this place, never been on Hubbard before...

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/15/15 05:37 PM

Yeah. I'll probably be there earlier. Once I launch, I'll be going east under the bridge, and fishing points facing the east wind. Blue and green Cuda 12 with an orange flag.

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/15/15 10:41 PM

I'll be there, probably launch around 730-8. Red Tacoma, mango ride 115

Re: Open invite for Ray Hubbard - Friday evening launch - 08/16/15 12:07 AM

I have launched.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum