Texas Fishing Forum

What would you buy ATAK or BIG TUNA

Posted By: Okyakfishing

What would you buy ATAK or BIG TUNA - 08/07/15 03:13 AM

Guys, here is my problem if you can call spending 1700 - 1900 on a kayak a problem. I have a nice 10' yak now but my son who is 8 is starting to get more interested in the sport. Should I buy the BIG TUNA so we can fish together or buy the ATAK and let him use the other kayak, of course he won't be able to paddle a long ways but I can always tow him along behind the ATAK.

What do you guys think will be better for us and then better for me to still have when I fish alone. Looking for pro/cons and feedback. Thanks
Posted By: Palovik

Re: What would you buy ATAK or BIG TUNA - 08/07/15 01:06 PM

Big Tuna is nice choice as it can hold 1, 2, or 3 people gives a lot of options.

Another great choice is the new 2 seat Kilroy another great option.

But these are general answers, what type of fishing are you trying to do and as everyone on here will agree you should take the time to try them out.
Posted By: Kayak_and_Crossbones

Re: What would you buy ATAK or BIG TUNA - 08/07/15 01:23 PM

Well, I'd first ask if you use a FF, and would you like to have a pedal drive or Trolling motor. The Atak is specifically designed to accommodate all of these in the pod that goes on the center console. Also, if I remember correctly, the ATAK has a lower profile, which means it will catch less wind.
Posted By: txbassnewbie

Re: What would you buy ATAK or BIG TUNA - 08/07/15 03:08 PM

I would go demo both of them, then make your decision. do the whole shebang from lifting the kayak from the care and carrying it down to the lake. to loading them back up
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum