Texas Fishing Forum

I'm new to kayaks

Posted By: FishTacos100

I'm new to kayaks - 08/04/15 10:17 PM

I'm new and looking for 2 kayaks for 1000$
One for me to fish from and the other for my wife to paddle around in.
Any help appreciated
Posted By: bert

Re: I'm new to kayaks - 08/05/15 01:11 AM

Do you want used or new? What are you and your wifes height and weight? Do either of you have physical limitations?
Posted By: FishTacos100

Re: I'm new to kayaks - 08/05/15 11:58 PM

I'm 5'8 240 she's 5'8 120
I have a messed up back, just need a higher back probably.
Used is fine.
Posted By: Okyakfishing

Re: I'm new to kayaks - 08/07/15 05:01 PM

Go demo or even rent some for the weekend what you may really like she won't or the other way around. If youre just looking to do some fun kayaking a few hours on weekends. Look at craigslist for the city you live and you can find cheaper used kayaks on there. My buddy just bought him a used kayak w/paddle for $250 and the kayak new cost was $499 and its only two years old. You'll find lots of good used kayaks on there.
Posted By: bert

Re: I'm new to kayaks - 08/07/15 07:01 PM

You can get two new Ascend kayaks for that price, they are the bass pro brand and have good seats, IM district paddle on here he is on the kayak pro staff there if you want to demo one. Don't forget to budget for paddles, life preservers, whistles and 360 degree lights if you are going out 30 minutes before sunrise or staying out 30 minutes after sunset.

I would recommend trying as many as you can before you buy one, Mariner Sails is having a get together on lake fork Oct 3 that will have a lot of boats to try.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum