Texas Fishing Forum

ATAK who has one?

Posted By: Okyakfishing

ATAK who has one? - 08/02/15 05:55 AM

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this rig - can't find a demo but was able to get a few minutes on one as I saw a guy who had one. Looks like a great rig for lake and bays. Really want to spend a day demo before I buy so if you have one please give me the pro/cons Thanjs
Posted By: C-Frog

Re: ATAK who has one? - 08/02/15 06:25 AM

I have one. I love it.

Cons: Length , weight,

Pros: speed, stability, flat open deck, storage, attachments (electric motor, pedal drive, flex pod)
Posted By: Hawgthumper

Re: ATAK who has one? - 08/02/15 09:01 PM

I have one and absolutely love it! Great yak! Super stable and cuts the wind with ease. Fast for such a big yak too.
Posted By: upchurch_k

Re: ATAK who has one? - 08/02/15 10:22 PM

I got mine last week and it's awesome! I would agree with C-Frog on the cons, you better get a cart or always go with a buddy to help load/unload and carry to the water. The stability is crazy, I'm not a small guy by any means, 6' 300# and I can stand up and paddle/fish no problem.
Posted By: JOED214

Re: ATAK who has one? - 08/02/15 10:54 PM

That front handle needs some padding of some sort for sure. It will burn you after sitting in the sun for a bit....Other then that, I think its a nice boat! thumb
Posted By: C-Frog

Re: ATAK who has one? - 08/03/15 12:52 AM

I agree 100% with that Joe. That handle, both front and rear, gets really hot sitting out all day. I recommend attaching some kind of pull strap.
Posted By: FireFarmer

Re: ATAK who has one? - 08/03/15 02:03 AM

I've been looking at these yaks too, what's the peddle drive like? Is it similar to a slayer or more like a hobie? What's the price tag compared to the slayer and hobie?(I haven't priced any of these kayaks this year)
Posted By: Okyakfishing

Re: ATAK who has one? - 08/03/15 05:23 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I was concerned about the weight, my current 56lb yak seems heavy after a day on the water, but I'm not getting any younger either.

Has anyone heard when the peddle drive system will be coming out?
Posted By: yakintime

Re: ATAK who has one? - 08/03/15 02:45 PM

We have one in our demo fleet (we demo weekly) and we have a Demo Day Scheduled for August 29th at White Rock Lake. No news on the peddle drive system yet, I think they are still working out the mounting. Please let me know if we can be of any assistance!

Sincerely
Aris
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum