Texas Fishing Forum

Unwilling to Change

Posted By: HERROUTDOORS

Unwilling to Change - 07/28/15 02:57 AM

For awhile now I have been comfortable with my standby arsenal of Senkos, Crankbaits jigs, t rigged baits and fluke type baits and of course wacky worm. I have hit the Brazos below PK 3 times in the past 4 or 5 weeks trying different baits. It has been working real well for me to. I have been throwing a Rapala XRAP and today a swimbait. I have catching some good fish too. I have caught my biggest Brazos Smallie, and Spotted bass my past two trips fishing spots I always have hit. I have had some good fish follow the baits too. It's tough to try new things when you have success, sometimes you have to force yourself out of the comfort zone. I have 2 more baits that I'm confident in throwing to add now.
Posted By: Patriot7Six

Re: Unwilling to Change - 07/28/15 12:37 PM

If it ain't broke why fix it? Guess all it really boils down to is just finding what the fish want
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Unwilling to Change - 07/28/15 01:04 PM

I've always believed in throwing what I am confident in. I like to try new baits with someone else along to compare. If they are getting bit then I know it is likely my technique and not that the bait just doesn't work. It is hard for me to stick with a new bait if I'm the only one fishing it unsuccessfully. Glad you were able to add new ones to the stable.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Unwilling to Change - 07/28/15 01:14 PM

The need to be right all the time is the biggest barrier to new ideas.

- Edward De Bono -
Posted By: J Barlow

Re: Unwilling to Change - 07/28/15 05:06 PM

HERROUTDOORS,

When you do the Brazos below PK do you do a down and back or do you shuttle?

Also, I see that you are in Richardson...where in Richardson?

Re: Unwilling to Change - 07/28/15 05:11 PM

Barlow, I put in and go up or down just a little ways. I fish the heck out of areas so I don't make it too far. I live at Lindale and Twilight near the YMCA.
Posted By: J Barlow

Re: Unwilling to Change - 07/28/15 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: HERROUTDOORS
Barlow, I put in and go up or down just a little ways. I fish the heck out of areas so I don't make it to far. I live at Lindale ant Twilight near the YMCA.

That said...where are you putting in at?

You live right behind my store.
Posted By: stewage

Re: Unwilling to Change - 07/28/15 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: J Barlow
Originally Posted By: HERROUTDOORS
Barlow, I put in and go up or down just a little ways. I fish the heck out of areas so I don't make it to far. I live at Lindale ant Twilight near the YMCA.

That said...where are you putting in at?

You live right behind my store.

He's lucky, that's one nice store. wink

Re: Unwilling to Change - 07/28/15 08:17 PM

JBarlow, yesir I do. I put in at 16 a go a short ways up and down.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum