Texas Fishing Forum

Mineral Wells State Park

Posted By: Slack40

Mineral Wells State Park - 07/21/15 02:02 PM

Any tips or info on this place? Would like to get my kayak outt there for some catfish and crappie fishing in the next few days. Thanks for any help!
Posted By: upchurch_k

Re: Mineral Wells State Park - 07/21/15 02:14 PM

They've got a nice ramp and good camping, I think I read that the water is off colored right now but not necessarily muddy. You can paddle the whole lake, lots of little coves and some rocky shoreline.
Posted By: Fishin'Mark

Re: Mineral Wells State Park - 07/21/15 05:13 PM

I was out there early in the month. The water was the color of cream and sugar coffee and fishing was tough. There were two gentlemen bank fishing in the cove in the RV park area and tearing up the cats in shallow water on liver and shrimp.If your cat hunting you should have some success.
Posted By: Slack40

Re: Mineral Wells State Park - 07/21/15 10:18 PM

Thanks for the info! Hopefully the water has continued to clear up. Looking to head out there on Sunday.
Posted By: FWBanger

Re: Mineral Wells State Park - 07/22/15 12:51 AM

I fished it two weeks ago with a few buddies. None of us got a single bite and nobody that we had talked to out there had a single bite. I tried crank baits, swim baits, my fly rod and I even tried some stink bait from the bank. Nothing. I'm sure it's cleared up a little bit since then. Hopefully they have their appetites back by now.
Posted By: YAKnIT

Re: Mineral Wells State Park - 07/24/15 11:30 PM

I also tried it 3-4 weeks ago. It had rained heavy on Thursday and I went Sunday. The water was......chocolate milk. Didn't get a bite and most folks I talked to were also skunked.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum