Texas Fishing Forum

Hello from Lake Lewisville!

Posted By: Kyle W

Hello from Lake Lewisville! - 07/16/15 02:07 AM

Hello all! New to TFF but have been lurking for a while. Just moved to The Colony with access to LL. A kayak ride away from the 423 bridge gives me hopes that I'll be able to catch something soon! I've still got my OK Scupper Pro (I know it might not be ideal for fishing) that I bought years ago to kayak in the Florida springs and the Florida Gulf Coast. I have limited experience fishing on the piers in Florida but ultimately was more lucky than I ever was good! Hoping to catch some hybrid/sand/stripped bass but really have no idea what I'm doing. Just got a new setup from Bass Pro and am hoping to use the knowledge here to figure out how to do this.
Posted By: C-Frog

Re: Hello from Lake Lewisville! - 07/16/15 02:14 AM

Welcome!! I also live in good ole TC. LL is a good bass fishing lake if you know whee to go.
Posted By: stewage

Re: Hello from Lake Lewisville! - 07/16/15 04:02 AM

Hey Kyle, welcome to the forum.

I live up in the Lake Lewisville area(other side of it) as well and am still looking for those white bass/hybrids.

Sorry I can't help you find them but I am still exploring and learning.

I've been getting out pretty frequently, you would think I would have stumbled into fish by now.

If I can find a pattern on Lewisville that you can fish from the kayak I'll certainly let you know, but I suspect you'll be into the fish long before I find them!

Re: Hello from Lake Lewisville! - 07/16/15 03:04 PM

Went out for about 3 hours this morning with minimal luck. Caught a good sized White, a small striped and a small catfish. The bridge yielded nothing but following the bank back west is where I caught those three.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Hello from Lake Lewisville! - 07/16/15 03:11 PM

Welcome
Posted By: upchurch_k

Re: Hello from Lake Lewisville! - 07/16/15 03:17 PM

Welcome to the forum
Posted By: nicdanger

Re: Hello from Lake Lewisville! - 07/16/15 04:38 PM

I am in the colony as well, PM me if you ever want to go fishing!
Posted By: C-Frog

Re: Hello from Lake Lewisville! - 07/16/15 05:19 PM

We need to get the TC guys together for a meet up
Posted By: nicdanger

Re: Hello from Lake Lewisville! - 07/17/15 03:21 PM

I agree!! Got the green light for early morning fishing on Sunday, if anyone is interested they would be more than welcome to join me, I was thinking of hitting the west side of Lewisville, hickory creek area, but am up for any suggestions!!

Re: Hello from Lake Lewisville! - 07/19/15 02:29 AM

As long as yall are okay with my amateur status then I'm down for a meetup. Sunday's are usually a little tough because of work but with a little planning it can be done.
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Hello from Lake Lewisville! - 07/19/15 03:01 AM

Welcome! I fish ll alot. Lets go some day
Posted By: paul_tx

Re: Hello from Lake Lewisville! - 07/19/15 03:45 AM

Welcome Kyle W.
I live in Lake Dallas and usually fish the cove areas on the north west side of 35 bridge. Lot of structure and points for bass. I'm heading out tomorrow.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum