Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine Closed???

Posted By: Rhino68W

Grapevine Closed??? - 06/25/15 02:09 PM

So apparently Grapevine is closed to all boat traffic for the rest of the summer. I wonder if this is going to hold true. And this seems like a good thing for us haha
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Grapevine Closed??? - 06/25/15 03:16 PM

"all boat traffic" does that include kayaks?
Posted By: Sander

Re: Grapevine Closed??? - 06/25/15 03:27 PM

I think you might be able to get away with a Kayak, there is a bunch of places where you can put in...you can deff stay off radar putting in at Marshal Creek park.

Posted By: stewage

Re: Grapevine Closed??? - 06/25/15 06:25 PM

I'm not able to find anything on Grapevine being closed to boating traffic. Where can I find out more?
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Grapevine Closed??? - 06/25/15 06:31 PM

Apparently it was on the news this morning. They're probably wrong. Wouldn't be the first time!
Posted By: bert

Re: Grapevine Closed??? - 06/25/15 06:38 PM

Corp of engineers has them all closed on their web site.
Posted By: pelican

Re: Grapevine Closed??? - 06/25/15 06:39 PM

(817) 865-2600 Call Corps of engineers office in GV.
Posted By: C-Frog

Re: Grapevine Closed??? - 06/25/15 07:56 PM

Silverlake Marina is open, went there this morning. Fishing was terrible but at least we were on the water
Posted By: Searsay

Re: Grapevine Closed??? - 06/25/15 08:22 PM

was out there this morning... was nailing sand bass all over on the north shore smile. Last i heard GV was NOT closed to boat traffic - but there is only one "official" launch at silverlake marina.

I've been launching from the Murrell park north shore trailhead. Normally it's about .5 mile down to the water... but the water is right up to the gate and it has a parking area. Only good for kayaks - and only if you can roll or carry it past the gate about 10 feet to the water smile The submerged road is a ready made ramp.
Posted By: JYFishes

Re: Grapevine Closed??? - 06/25/15 09:04 PM

Thinking about heading out there this weekend, what's the water clarity look like?
Posted By: SpiderJig

Re: Grapevine Closed??? - 06/25/15 10:20 PM

Why not just go to Marine Creek, the lake that yields 13+ on a regular basis
Posted By: stewage

Re: Grapevine Closed??? - 06/26/15 06:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Searsay
was out there this morning... was nailing sand bass all over on the north shore smile. Last i heard GV was NOT closed to boat traffic - but there is only one "official" launch at silverlake marina.

My wife and I went out today after work. Only caught 4 dinky sandbass.

I was wondering what was different between today and earlier in the week. I guess you took all the fish home with you this morning. nuts
Posted By: rawfish

Re: Grapevine Closed??? - 06/27/15 04:08 PM

Hey Cfrog or anyone else who launched at silver lake - did you have to pay $20 to launch?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum