Texas Fishing Forum

Slayer propel seat question

Posted By: JRNissley

Slayer propel seat question - 06/22/15 05:59 PM

Hey y'all,

I hope you're well. I had a question about the seat in the Slayer Propel. My boss and his wife are now into kayaking, and the wife has a Slayer Propel. She is a shorter woman and needs the seat all the way up to peddle the yak well. However, no matter how hard they turn the knobs, the seat moves when she pedals. My boss reported that she leans back in the seat when peddling a bit, but he didn't know if that's problematic.

Any ideas for how to stop the seat from moving on her? Anyone else with a Propel have this problem? My boss and his wife got their boats at mariner Sails, but he/we live 2.5 hours away so I thought I'd check on here first.

Thanks for any help y'all can offer!
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Slayer propel seat question - 06/22/15 07:14 PM

I have not experienced that problem with mine. I do lean back ever so slightly in my seat when pedaling as it seem more comfortable. You might check the track nuts and the tracks to make sure there is no dirt or debris which might be allowing them to slide even when tight. Maybe a Saturday road trip to Mariner to let them check it out is in order.
I'll send Native the info and see if they have had this issue before and if so what the solution was.

* I spoke with Woody at Native and he said they have not experienced this problem before.
He too suggested taking it by Mariner Sails to let them check it. The only thing we can think of is that maybe the brass track nuts might need replacing or the bolt might be too long and is bottoming out before it gets tight.

All of those are easy fixes.
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: Slayer propel seat question - 06/22/15 07:50 PM

I agree with Jerry. Take it to Mariner Sails so they can figure it out. I have not had that issue with mine.
Posted By: pelican

Re: Slayer propel seat question - 06/22/15 08:40 PM

You might check and post on the Native Owners Forum.
Posted By: JRNissley

Re: Slayer propel seat question - 06/23/15 06:23 PM

Thanks for the advice and insight, folks! I'll pass it on.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum