Texas Fishing Forum

Where to get in?

Posted By: TexomaCatfisher

Where to get in? - 06/17/15 05:27 PM

I'm desperate for some lake fishing time. Is there anywhere I could put in on Lake Ray Roberts or Texoma? Anywhere at all? I don't even know if paddling is allowed on these lakes. All I have under my belt is pond hopping, and that is getting tiresome. If someone has any suggestions on where I should go fishing once the sun comes out I would be much obliged. And since I don't enjoy fishing solo as much as with a buddy, I would love to meet some new friends!
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Where to get in? - 06/17/15 07:27 PM

ray bob marina supposed to have an open ramp
Posted By: trentharris72

Re: Where to get in? - 06/18/15 03:56 PM

I put in at Ray Roberts marina, near Sanger, Monday. Not sure if still open or not after the rain. You have to stop at the marina and pay five dollars and sign a waiver.
Posted By: SmokeDraw

Re: Where to get in? - 06/18/15 06:50 PM

I put in off 922 from one of the bridges that cross over the lake. No problems except chiggers and poison ivy. Water is pretty clear but didn't catch a single fish and only saw carp, gar and about 1 million 2 inch bass chasing my lure after every cast. Very peaceful with no boats out there. I hope the lake stays closed all summer.
Posted By: Tekell

Re: Where to get in? - 06/18/15 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: timbertoes
ray bob marina supposed to have an open ramp

It was open this past weekend anyway. Most everywhere else I thought to look had no parking signs all around or was flooded.
Posted By: trentharris72

Re: Where to get in? - 06/20/15 09:28 PM

Any of you guys have any tips on where to go and what to use for bass around Ray Roberts marina?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum