Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday?

Posted By: Rhino68W

Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/09/15 05:09 PM

If so, where you going? Don't know where I want to go yet.
Posted By: Fishing Fester

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/09/15 05:12 PM

I planned on heading upstream at Mary's Creek. Love that place. Its better with a patner to help heave the yaks over the waterfalls.

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/09/15 06:19 PM

Never heard of that place but it look promising on google maps, but I am wanting to hit a big lake. Need to practice on the local waters that there might be tournaments on!!!
Posted By: weklfrog

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/09/15 06:50 PM

I am really hoping to get out on Sunday. Been a few months since I have even been on the water. I live near Benbrook and many of the parks there are closed although there are likely some points of access (Dutch Branch Marina?). Anyone been at the Nature Center lately? Wonder how the river is there recently. Where exactly is Marys Creek?
Posted By: Fishing Fester

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/09/15 08:40 PM

Mary's Creek runs from 30 all the way to Benbrook lake. The best place that Ive found for LMB and cats is in between Spur 580 and I-20.

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/09/15 09:09 PM

Is the water still moving fast on the rivers?
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/09/15 09:33 PM

It was still moving fast as of last week on the rivers. Just depends on who is letting out water and how much. Mary's Creek is alright, lots of portaging though and the water can get really clear but it is fun to fish. I havent travelled very far up it though. Just a little ways off from where it meets the Trinity. I think I may give Arlington a try if I can make it out Sunday

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/09/15 09:53 PM

I would be interested in checking that out if you need/are interested in a partner. Let me know. I have to check with my wife's schedule but she should be free on Sunday which free's me up to be able to get out....and I have already "suggested" I hope to get out on the water this weekend.
Posted By: formula462

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/09/15 10:17 PM

May fish some trees/grass at Benbrook

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/10/15 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: formula462
May fish some trees/grass at Benbrook

How's Benbrook been? I have heard it's a tough bass lake.
Posted By: formula462

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/10/15 02:39 AM

tougher than others I suppose but have got some nice ones

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/10/15 12:57 PM

That's also what I hear haha. I've been thinking about going out there and flipping jigs around the timber on the south end to try and get a new PB. Seems like that lake produces some big but wary bass.

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/10/15 05:49 PM

I caught a 6.5lber from the bank off the dam a few years ago and a buddy of mine landed oneover 10 from the bank a few years back as well by the dam. Lake was alot lower then though. After checking out the river today it looks like I might fish there instead. Everything below Benbrook should be ok. Water was cleared up but still high don't think they are releasing much. However everything under lake Worth is still a muddy flowing mess.

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/10/15 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery
I caught a 6.5lber from the bank off the dam a few years ago and a buddy of mine landed oneover 10 from the bank a few years back as well by the dam. Lake was alot lower then though. After checking out the river today it looks like I might fish there instead. Everything below Benbrook should be ok. Water was cleared up but still high don't think they are releasing much. However everything under lake Worth is still a muddy flowing mess.

So you're going to Benbrook?

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/10/15 07:35 PM

This is from Backwoods Fort Worth FB page today --

Attention paddlers and trail users! We have just been notified to expect higher water levels and flow rates today on the Clear Fork of the Trinity as the Corps starts to draw down Lake Benbrook. We recommend that you stay off of the river today and exercise caution at all low water crossings. Be safe!

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/10/15 09:20 PM

Ahhh makes sense. I was wondering if they were waiting on worth to draw down first so they weren't sending a ton of water all at once. I guess that was the plan. Shoot don't know where I'm going now. Benbrook will be tough with all the new water and fish scattered. May just stick with my lake Arlington plan for now I don't know lol

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/10/15 09:54 PM

a lot of water coming out of Benbrook today.

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/11/15 03:20 PM

Well as long as the T-storms hold off on Sunday I will go to Arlington with you Nathan. I've always wanted to get on that lake but have never known where to begin.

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/11/15 06:47 PM

Yeah I noticed it was supposed to rain this weekend hopefully it holds off till the afternoon and we can get some morning fishing in.

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/11/15 07:01 PM

Agree. If it pours that morning I will probably go to Lake Como for a couple hours once it stops just to get on the water.

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/12/15 08:40 PM

Gonna try put Rockwood Park on the Trinity tomorrow morning. Water didn't look terrible and the flow had died down since I guess Benbrook is releasing lake Worth isn't for the time being. Gonna try topwater early and jigs after that. Should be interesting. Looks like a whole new river

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/12/15 09:11 PM

Let me know how it goes. I've wanted to go back there since the 1 time I went. Might have to hit it up come Sunday if you have any luck. Give me some good jig practice.

Re: Anyone going LMB hunting in Fort Worth on Sunday? - 06/12/15 09:15 PM

Bet it's a lot easier to put in with the level up higher haha
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum