Texas Fishing Forum

To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek.

Posted By: ipconfig

To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/08/15 04:03 PM

Seriously guys the more I thought about it the more you guys saved my bacon. So next time lunch is on me. Hope to see you guys out there fishing again in the near future.
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/08/15 04:15 PM

No photos?
Posted By: ETBA

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/08/15 05:16 PM

Wasn't a problem at all my friend, We've all had it happen at some point. I'm just glad we were there and able to help you out.

I know we'll be out there more this summer, great little kayaking lake.
Posted By: Wafflejaw

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/08/15 06:34 PM

Ah man no problem and very glad we could help!
I rolled up on a stump that almost flipped me right after we parted ways,ha!
Purtis has some show stoppers under the surface right now...

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/08/15 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Tallgrass05
No photos?

Was more worried about going into the lake than photos grin

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/08/15 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Wafflejaw
Ah man no problem and very glad we could help!
I rolled up on a stump that almost flipped me right after we parted ways,ha!
Purtis has some show stoppers under the surface right now...

The one that stuck me was my third one to hit. Man the water was really murky as normally I can see them. Glad you guys made it out ok!
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/08/15 08:07 PM

How'd you get stuck?
Posted By: pelican

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/08/15 08:15 PM

For some reason PC has a reputation for that. I had to get up on shore once to pull a guy off a stump, I'm glad I had a long anchor rope with me or he'd still be there roflmao

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/08/15 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Fooshman
How'd you get stuck?

I had a stump with a point on it get caught inside one of the scupper holes preventing me from moving. My daughter was with me and I attempted to transfer my weight to her kayak but she couldnt hold it still and we both almost went for a swim. My next option was to go into the lake when luckily ETBA and Wafflejaw were coming past and seen me in distress. Between them holding her kayak still allowing me to transfer over to and them moving mine off the stump I was able to get back in and to shore dry!
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/08/15 10:52 PM

Had the same exact thing happen to me on Fork in 50 degree water and no help. Somehow, someway between me shoving my paddle in to another nearby stump and a boat wake, I was able to get off the stump. Took almost 2 hours. I was hoping a boat would have come by closer so I could ask for help. Didn't want to take a swim then beat hypothermia back to the car!!

Glad you got some help!!
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/09/15 01:01 AM

Man, good job guys. I never even thought of that possibility.
Posted By: pontiactech

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/09/15 01:47 AM

Those are 2 pretty good guys and they just proved it !
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/09/15 02:09 AM

Don't think there are too many experienced Texas yakkers that haven't impaled their 'yaks onto a stump at one time or another. I did it on Fork as well. Took some interesting gyrations on my part to get myself un-impaled. I hadn't moved like that since my 70's disco days. scared

Also happened in a creek off of EML, but that one was easy to get off.
Posted By: Todd™

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/09/15 02:21 PM

The bearded brigade to the rescue clap

Been there done that. Not fun at all.
Posted By: J.T.69

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/09/15 05:25 PM

Yep now I Know it was the two I Met Sat. on the water! They where harassing a catfish held up in a stump LOL! Seams like a couple of cool dudes!
Posted By: DblNoob

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/09/15 07:24 PM

Ya'll realize... that would not have happened in a SINK frkazoid
Posted By: Txwhitacre

Re: To the 2 guys that helped me get unstuck this weekend at Purtis creek. - 06/10/15 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: pelican
For some reason PC has a reputation for that. I had to get up on shore once to pull a guy off a stump, I'm glad I had a long anchor rope with me or he'd still be there roflmao

Up getting "skuppered" sucks smile.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum