Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Tawakoni

Posted By: KQT

Lake Tawakoni - 06/03/15 01:52 PM

Hoping I can get some information. Is the Sabine River Authority Public Ramp, the one nearest the dam open? From Google Earth it appears to be the closes to the dam and I have never fished Lake Tawakoni from a kayak. Been waiting all year for the chanel cat spawn and now all the parks at Lavon are closed bang. Saw where Christian said LL is completely close to all boat traffic. Is there an option to launch at Lavon or is it off limits too? Thanks
PS I am considering a catfish trip Sunday morning to try out my Stubby's bait.
Posted By: bert

Re: Lake Tawakoni - 06/04/15 03:55 PM

Last time I was over that way the parking was in a chain link enclosure, go to duck cove ramp and check there if the channels are going that bridge will be hot right now.
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Lake Tawakoni - 06/04/15 03:59 PM

You can still launch at lavon from places other than the ramps.
I went and paddled around, LOTS of water. Paddled as far as I could get to the brush line and the water kept going and going. Didn't see much fish activity, a few rolling gar, but that's about it.

Re: Lake Tawakoni - 06/04/15 05:44 PM

Thanks men, Bert I sent you a pm.
Posted By: UrsusVeritas

Re: Lake Tawakoni - 06/04/15 07:10 PM

Hey KQT-

Schools out! woot!

Have you though about trying hubbard? lots of rocks and easy access around miller road. I also did great launching at the old marina off rowlett road, and paddeling up rowlett creek. The flooded grass was on fire with channels and eater blues.

Im planning on trying it next week, let me know if you are interested...

Re: Lake Tawakoni - 06/04/15 07:59 PM

Tony yes I would like to meet up! I have heard that the channel cat bite is good at the I 30 rocks, maybe someone will chime in on the Miller road rocks. I have range cubes, stubby's and CJs I need to go! Somewhere!!
Posted By: bert

Re: Lake Tawakoni - 06/04/15 11:45 PM

Didn't get it, yeah that part of hubbard will be hot right now, planning on hitting it some next week while I am burning vacation. If you can catch shad the blues will be on too.
Posted By: Yak FinAddic

Re: Lake Tawakoni - 06/05/15 12:37 AM

Lewisville Lake to reopen to boaters on Friday - Fox4News.com | Dallas-Fort Worth News, Weather, Sports

☰

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on gmailShare on emailMore Sharing Services
Lewisville Lake to reopen to boaters on Friday
Posted: Jun 04, 2015 5:19 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 04, 2015 5:19 PM CDT
By: fox4news.com StaffCONNECT
Boaters will be allowed on Lewisville Lake starting Friday.

The lake was closed last week after heavy rainfall filled it to a new record – 537.02 feet.

Officials were concerned wakes from boats could flood lakeside homes.

“We know that there were impacts to business interests and others and want to ensure all that the decision to close the lake to boating was necessary to ensure the public's safety," said Lt. Col. Clay Morgan, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

There is a catch to the lake reopening -- none of the boat ramps on the lake are open.

Officials also warn debris, underwater obstructions and wildlife are still hazards.

Re: Lake Tawakoni - 06/05/15 03:11 AM

Kyle lets go! Sorry i was texting Tony when I responded. Bert I will be off Thursday and Friday and the rest of the summer if you want company.

Re: Lake Tawakoni - 06/06/15 10:01 PM

UrsusVeritas just PMed you and yes I am open Thursday and Friday next week, I have to work Monday and Tuesday and get to enjoy a new crown on Wednesday.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum