Texas Fishing Forum

Trinity Drowning

Posted By: Patriot7Six

Trinity Drowning - 05/26/15 04:37 PM

Hopefully this is no one on here but it's a sad deal. Even with a PFD flood waters are no joke, stay out till its safe gang.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article22337232.html
Posted By: Pecros

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/26/15 05:26 PM

It says a 6 year old girl was with them. That's mind boggling.
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/26/15 06:18 PM

yea, I replied to the facebook posts about this. It's just plain retarded. I'm sorry someone lost their life, but for you and the whole lot of retards in your group to take a 6 yr. old on this trip was just bad parenting and neglect. I know most of us on here watch the weather carefully days in advance before planning a trip and make changes accordingly. Please everyone stay safe.
Posted By: weklfrog

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/26/15 06:23 PM

What has the Trinity been like between EM and LW when they are not releasing water? Would think there would still be a good flow going on. And the article said TRWD was not notified until 10pm even though the incident occurred around 7:00. Even then, with the cloudiness, it is getting dark by then.
Posted By: Blakehock

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/26/15 07:49 PM

Very sad and completely avoidable.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/26/15 09:37 PM

Unbelievable. What were they thinking?
Posted By: BKT

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/26/15 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
Unbelievable. What were they thinking?

They weren't.
Posted By: Sunup

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/26/15 11:12 PM

They should all be charged with child endangerment.
Posted By: Terek

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/27/15 12:10 AM

Bad Parenting to teach the kid to enter the restricted area. Endanger themselves and the child, yet they should be charged. To my knowledge, there should be a siren about 5 minutes before the dam is being release, they should have try to get out of there as soon as possible when they hear the siren goes off, even if they have to walk down to there trucks. Just get out and be safe!

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/27/15 01:24 AM

I was wondering if there was a siren. Certainly seems as though there should be. If there was, it is possible they ignored it not knowing what it meant or just ignored it thinking no big deal or figured riding the waves would be fun.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/27/15 02:43 AM

Always hate reading about news like this. Prayers sent for family and friends. The Lord Jesus Christ has control. angel2
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/27/15 03:37 AM

There's no explaining something like this...sad on so many levels.
Posted By: reelfisherman

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/27/15 04:01 AM

Why would you need to sound a siren in a restricted area?

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/27/15 04:19 AM

Theoretically you shouldn't, but we know that warning sings are not always heeded. And it would potentially be helpful for those who might be outside of the restricted area that the release could impact.
Posted By: koray29

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/27/15 07:10 AM

That water is treacherous...drove over there Saturday. Its an awesome sight but a 6 year old...wow CPS should be paying that family a visit. Surprised he wasn't gator bait.
Posted By: General Jigs

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/27/15 04:12 PM

I was told the water was so high in the restricted area, that the fence and all signs were submerged, so these people likely had no idea they were in a danger zone. I work with a guy who's roommate knows the guy who drowned, so my info is 3rd hand, a tragedy.
Posted By: Perchy Perch

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/27/15 05:52 PM

Quote:
It's just plain retarded. I'm sorry someone lost their life, but for you and the whole lot of retards in your group to take a 6 yr. old on this trip was just bad parenting and neglect. I know most of us on here watch the weather carefully days in advance before planning a trip and make changes accordingly. Please everyone stay safe

Agree. Use a little common sense.
Posted By: RedSniper

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/27/15 06:44 PM

geeze
Posted By: Fishgutz

Re: Trinity Drowning - 05/27/15 11:12 PM

Sad stuff man ... Hate to hear it... It's amazing what some people do without thinking. Prayers for the family
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum