Texas Fishing Forum

This is why we all need to make sure we pick up our trash!

Posted By: J.T.69

This is why we all need to make sure we pick up our trash! - 05/11/15 03:30 AM

Found this poor guy hanging dead in tree today on a small Lake I fish! Sad! Fishing line are string of some sort!
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: This is why we all need to make sure we pick up our trash! - 05/11/15 05:06 AM

What is that?
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: This is why we all need to make sure we pick up our trash! - 05/11/15 12:27 PM

Last year I was fishing Lighthouse lakes when I found a long run of braided line stretched tight across a cove. It was about 75 yards of line with a hook still on one end, caught tight in an oyster bar, and the other end tangled around a dead heron's leg about 20 feet back in the mangroves. Looked like the heron was flying when the hook end caught in the oysters, causing the bird to crash into the trees.

Speaking of birds and fishing line, have y'all heard about this guy in Florida? Still waiting to see what the courts do to him.
http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showt...ncis-Lemieux-Jr

Re: This is why we all need to make sure we pick up our trash! - 05/11/15 12:31 PM

It was some kind of duck hanging by its neck!
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: This is why we all need to make sure we pick up our trash! - 05/11/15 12:43 PM

I agree with 69 & keep a knife "on" u. It could also save your life.
I came up on 2 old lines hanging from trees before I knew it this weekend.
Luckily the hooks were still in the trees.
Lots of old broken lines underwater u wont know about till its too late.
Have a sharp knife ON u always gents! I rescued a pelican last yr that had almost drown after gettin entangled in some old lines :-/
Posted By: cchoww

Re: This is why we all need to make sure we pick up our trash! - 05/11/15 01:19 PM

Also carry a ziploc bag or old coffee container to keep your clipped fisihing line in, instead of throwing it into the water while fishing.

Re: This is why we all need to make sure we pick up our trash! - 05/11/15 01:58 PM

The Wife and I always have a diving knife on our pfd!
Posted By: JFBedford

Re: This is why we all need to make sure we pick up our trash! - 05/11/15 04:07 PM

Actually the dead cormorant is a good thing, but it would suck if something that wasn't destroying fish populations died because of it.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: This is why we all need to make sure we pick up our trash! - 05/11/15 07:00 PM

Definitely agree. I hate seeing all of the trash at Marine Creek when I go. It's a smaller lake, so maybe i'll take a bag, some beer, and go paddle around and clean it up a little!
Posted By: formula462

Re: This is why we all need to make sure we pick up our trash! - 05/12/15 01:43 AM

[quote=Rhino68W]Definitely agree. I hate seeing all of the trash at Marine Creek when I go. It's a smaller lake, so maybe i'll take a bag, some beer, and go paddle around and clean it up a little! [/quote
don't throw your cans down
Posted By: txwin70

Re: This is why we all need to make sure we pick up our trash! - 05/12/15 05:03 PM

Before i broke my net, i used it more to scoop out trash than fish..... mad
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum