Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Dam to Fish Trap Park?

Posted By: IslandJim

Ray Roberts Dam to Fish Trap Park? - 05/09/15 04:09 PM

Anyone done that stretch recently? The posts I found were many years old. Can you park free at either park? How many miles is the paddle? Is the fishing good? My nephew wants to rent a kayak and go with me down that river. Any local rental outfits?

IslandJim
Posted By: a lo109

Re: Ray Roberts Dam to Fish Trap Park? - 05/09/15 04:24 PM

If that's part of the Greenbelt that river is flooded right now. It will be weeks before it's safe to float down.
Posted By: a lo109

Re: Ray Roberts Dam to Fish Trap Park? - 05/09/15 04:28 PM

Here's a photo my nephew sent. Again this is the Greenbelt not sure if it's the same creek/River that flows from Ray Roberts.
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Ray Roberts Dam to Fish Trap Park? - 05/09/15 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: IslandJim
Anyone done that stretch recently? The posts I found were many years old. Can you park free at either park? How many miles is the paddle? Is the fishing good? My nephew wants to rent a kayak and go with me down that river. Any local rental outfits?

IslandJim

Not recently.

Cost $7 to park or your state park pass.

Its about 10 miles from RR to 380.

Depends on the time of the year but would be weak fishing right now.

No rental that I know of.

The water has been too low but now it's flowing too much. It's constant getting choked by log jams making it impassable. I've only put in at 380 and paddle up river until I get stopped by a log jam. You might be better looking at Trinity River Kayak Co. for rentals and a local river trip. The fishing is decent in those areas they go to.
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: Ray Roberts Dam to Fish Trap Park? - 05/10/15 02:17 AM

ive fished that water at least 3 Xs but never from dam to park.
like the others from the park up to the jams in the clear creek. Also around a 1/4 mile up the Elm before i turned around. have also fished from the park down to Lake Dallas and back. I didnt see any jams big enough to prevent passage but there may be more towards Roberts that i didnt get to. It was flowing pretty decebt one time i was there and the catching was poor.
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: Ray Roberts Dam to Fish Trap Park? - 05/10/15 07:00 PM

Thanks, everyone! Maybe with the rain, the logjams will wash away downstream. I've been wanting to do the Elm Fork from Sandy Lane dam on downstream. My nephew can get a yak there and we can let them pick us up.

Stay dry! IslandJim
Posted By: Striper Lifer

Re: Ray Roberts Dam to Fish Trap Park? - 05/12/15 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: a lo109

Here's a photo my nephew sent. Again this is the Greenbelt not sure if it's the same creek/River that flows from Ray Roberts.

Wow! It is the same waterway, greenbelt goes all the way to RR...
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Ray Roberts Dam to Fish Trap Park? - 05/12/15 06:44 PM

I would like to see what it looks like today?
Posted By: Striper Lifer

Re: Ray Roberts Dam to Fish Trap Park? - 05/12/15 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd™

This is the view from 380 today. Water all the way out to the entrance to the parking lot...

Posted By: biggerD

Re: Ray Roberts Dam to Fish Trap Park? - 05/13/15 12:19 PM

Only going to get higher since they are letting water out and another 1 to 2 inches projected today
Posted By: Tekell

Re: Ray Roberts Dam to Fish Trap Park? - 05/16/15 03:49 PM

They're letting a little water out.

Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Ray Roberts Dam to Fish Trap Park? - 05/17/15 08:05 PM

Went by there around midnight before the storms came in. The flow has slowed. Signs in all the parks stating fishing vessels are prohibited at this time.

By the way, I have made the paddle from 380 to Lewisville lake and 380 to Roberts. Each time was perfect, and no log jams. I was lucky. Most times there are jams. Spoke to game wardens Thursday night and they states there are some major jams all along the way to Lewisville and probably preventing a lot of fish from moving upstream right now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum