Texas Fishing Forum

Brazos river in waco

Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Brazos river in waco - 04/28/15 02:42 AM

Anyone ever fished the brazos river around i35 in waco? Was looking at going there for a different place to fish
Posted By: TxMutt

Re: Brazos river in waco - 04/28/15 03:41 AM

Here's a video of a fella fishing the bridges just West/NW of I35 on the Brazos. He just posted a couple of weeks ago I've got a kid at Baylor and have wanted to get in that water. Looks reasonably fishy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BV7VA4YjL8

Posted By: PatrickDominick

Re: Brazos river in waco - 04/28/15 03:51 AM

Yup, that's my video smile
And I didn't even fish it all day. If I lived closer to there I'd fish it a lot and explore the mess out of it. When you do fish it tell us how you do!
Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: Brazos river in waco - 04/28/15 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: PatrickDominick
Yup, that's my video smile
And I didn't even fish it all day. If I lived closer to there I'd fish it a lot and explore the mess out of it. When you do fish it tell us how you do!

Where did you put in?
Posted By: CenTexSkiff

Re: Brazos river in waco - 04/28/15 05:14 AM

I have put in at MCC boat ramp off Lakeshore before you get to MLK and its nice up through there but thats the bosque before it runs into the brazos. I didn't catch any fish but when I went the fish weren't really moving. Im planning on giving that stretch a chance up by the suspension bridge very soon. Still waiting on my transducer arm to ship!
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Brazos river in waco - 04/28/15 10:59 AM

I watched Patrick's video, too. Very nice.

Here are the three "listed" launch sites I found from some source, I think TPWD. I'll post them from north to south, one here and two in successive posts.

Brad

Brad

Re: Brazos river in waco - 04/28/15 11:01 AM

Just a little to the south where the two rivers merge I believe.

Brad

Re: Brazos river in waco - 04/28/15 11:03 AM

Those first two launch sites have obvious parking accommodations. This one is the farthest south and I am not certain where one would park, but it was listed, too. Here goes. Brad
Posted By: RealBigReel

Re: Brazos river in waco - 04/28/15 11:09 AM

If you bring up a satellite map of the confluence of the Brazos and the Bosque, you will see a small pond just downstream and on the east side. That pond has a boat ramp that allows you to park very close to the water. Also that pond holds lots of shad.
You can also launch at the boat ramp over by the MLK bridge.
Posted By: marcus254

Re: Brazos river in waco - 04/28/15 12:23 PM

i live close to there the river is ok down there, lots! of boat traffic. the best ramp in the one where bosque and brazos intersect.
Posted By: PatrickDominick

Re: Brazos river in waco - 04/28/15 08:23 PM

I slid in at Doris D. Miller Park.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Brazos river in waco - 05/02/15 10:39 PM

It's alright. I have yet to take my boat out there. I usually fish from the bank.

Anyone know where you'd park a truck and trailer at if using the MCC ramp? Everything I see looks like normal single parking spots.
Posted By: CenTexSkiff

Re: Brazos river in waco - 05/04/15 02:31 PM

They were parking them down there last time I went but seemed like more kayakers put in there
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum