Texas Fishing Forum

Jackson Coosa HD

Posted By: Basstwister

Jackson Coosa HD - 04/27/15 06:40 PM

Has anyone tried the HD out? Pros OR Cons. I have the Coosa and was wanting the HD as a back up ride!

Thanks
Posted By: Matty

Re: Jackson Coosa HD - 04/27/15 07:26 PM

Myself and a buddy both got the HD last month. I love it. Wide enough to easily stand (which I do alot), not too wide where it doesn't track well, and not too long for easier storage and transport. We fish small water locally and travel to Ark rivers a few times a year so I love the versatility. The only negative is all the extra stuff it comes with I don't really need.
Posted By: JP

Re: Jackson Coosa HD - 04/27/15 08:13 PM

I have a Coosa HD. Very nice platform lots of storage and very customizable indeed. The center console is nice allowing special rigging or removal for extra space. I agree who's first thought is to put a go pro can mount on it? The scupper hole for transducer is nice. The seat is adjustable for height which allows you to really be able to work a rod without hitting the sides of the yak plus it has lumbar support.
It is a tad heavy and unwieldy to handle by yourself especially since I have to put mine on top of a Jeep with 35's but its manageable enough with a cart. It's a good inbetween diverse yak suitable for many water types I think. I would post a pic of it on my jeep. but don't have it online anywhere but FB.

Re: Jackson Coosa HD - 04/27/15 08:47 PM

Sweet thanks Guys! I thought is was a good one! What is the going price for them and were can I buy one?
Posted By: JP

Re: Jackson Coosa HD - 04/27/15 08:56 PM

I bought mine from mountain sports in Arlington. http://www.mountainsports.com/ The lady there is real knowledgable with much experience and the price is fair. Around 1600 give or take extras. This replaced a full size boat that burned so that's nothing and all the other academy ones are just toys in comparison. This is a fishing structured ergonomicall rig for better comfort n stability. I weigh 198lbs and to be able to stand says something
Posted By: PatrickDominick

Re: Jackson Coosa HD - 04/28/15 03:56 AM

I had a Coosa but when I was looking to upgrade, after doing a bunch of research, I wound up getting a Feelfree Lure 11.5. It also comes in 10 and 13. For cheaper than a Coosa HD, I was able to get the Lure with a rudder (so that solved any issues with tracking) and unibar. Plus I really like how it already had a track system around the kayak, a padded floor, wheel in the back, and the chair is amazing. Austinkayak.com ships them for free as well. Anywho, just my two cents.

Re: Jackson Coosa HD - 04/28/15 04:35 PM

Thanks Guys for all your info! I am big Jackson fan so I will be going over to mountain sports to check out the HD.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum