Texas Fishing Forum

Devil's River, Inks

Posted By: ng411

Devil's River, Inks - 04/26/15 11:28 AM

Howdy,
Alright so I have the opportunity next week (Monday afternoon-Wednesday evening) to make a fishing trip. I'm currently living in San Angelo TX and plan to leave on Monday at 2pm, with one of my good friends.
Here is the neat thing, I do not have a set destination as of right now and wanted to get y'all's 2 cents. My friend is an outdoorsman, but not too skilled of a bass fisherman and wants to learn more, so in this regard I'd like Togo somewhere that produces quantity, maybe not concerned about quality. We have heard good things about the Devil's river and also Inks lake. Essentially we can go anywhere that is within 4-5 hours of San Angelo... I'd like to hear y'all's opinions/recommendations. Thanks y'all.
Posted By: Lmgreeri

Re: Devil's River, Inks - 04/27/15 09:21 PM

For numbers and size I do mostly Coleto Creek or Fayette. Both are well suited for yak fishing. The recent rains may have em mucked up a bit though...not sure.
Posted By: Bass Art

Re: Devil's River, Inks - 04/27/15 09:56 PM

You won't do the Devil's without a plan. And a permit.
Posted By: Bluecatkayak

Re: Devil's River, Inks - 04/27/15 10:38 PM

Alan Henry is loaded with spotted bass that are ready to eat right now! I just got a report from someone that they are on fire out there right now.

Ivie wouldn't be a bad choice either I don't think
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum