Texas Fishing Forum

Duckling got Eaten

Posted By: erdum

Duckling got Eaten - 04/16/15 03:59 PM

I went to Grapevine last night and paddled around Silverlake for a few hours. Only caught 1 crappie and hooked a large bass that threw the hook close to the boat. When it got dark I saw a female duck swimming with 8 ducklings behind her. I saw the water popping below them a couple of times and then it happened......a huge bass jumped up in a fury and swallowed up one of the ducklings. It was kind of neat to see that. Anyone else ever seen fish eating things you'd never think they'd eat?

Made me think up this prototype

Posted By: Neumie

Re: Duckling got Eaten - 04/16/15 04:06 PM

Someone beat ya to it it looks like: https://youtu.be/6aF_sfzbyeY

Re: Duckling got Eaten - 04/16/15 04:14 PM

Haha man I thought I was gonna be rich.
Posted By: bert

Re: Duckling got Eaten - 04/16/15 04:32 PM

They have them for Musky and Pike fishing up north, when I see a duck start pushing her duckling toward shore when I go to Canada I throw my bait in that area and 8 out of 10 times catch a good Pike.

Re: Duckling got Eaten - 04/16/15 04:48 PM

I just checked them out, pretty nice looking wood ones with a wiggling tail.
Posted By: ETBA

Re: Duckling got Eaten - 04/16/15 05:06 PM

These get bit...

Re: Duckling got Eaten - 04/16/15 06:03 PM

Yeah thats the one I saw. If I was a bass guy I would try that out.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Duckling got Eaten - 04/16/15 06:34 PM

That's awesome. Kind of reminds me of the bombshell turtle soft plastic lure. Something a lot of people don't know bass eat.
Posted By: Carver

Re: Duckling got Eaten - 04/16/15 09:05 PM

I had a 2 acre lake outside my door for a couple of decades.
The lake had a lot of big bass.
In the spring when the moma duck would take a clutch of hatchings down to the water , usually 22-24 hatchlings, they would be 80% gone by dark. The bass just tore them up. usually when it got down to one or two she would herd them around the shallow edge and sometimes even the last two would be gone in a couple of days.
Then they would have to do with the egrets. They will hit and swallow a gosling in a heartbeat.

I dipped four tiny ducks up in a dipnet to raise them. When they were 3/4 grown, almost ready to release, a racoon got into the pen and got two of the 4. These little dudes have a hard road when they hatch.
Posted By: formula462

Re: Duckling got Eaten - 04/16/15 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Carver
These little dudes have a hard road when they hatch.

Don't we all
Posted By: HolyMetroCow

Re: Duckling got Eaten - 04/17/15 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: formula462
Originally Posted By: Carver
These little dudes have a hard road when they hatch.

Don't we all

+1
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum