Texas Fishing Forum

Gulf Shores

Posted By: Boytoe

Gulf Shores - 04/13/15 04:46 PM

Headed to Gulf Shores next month, any info on good kayak fishing would be appreciated.
Posted By: Selfish1

Re: Gulf Shores - 04/14/15 12:59 AM

I'm headed there in July so I'm interested in hearing what people have to say.

Here's what ive read and heard so far: for BTB, try the Dixey Bar at the mouth of the Mobile Bay. Go with a friend here because the currents are strong.

In the Bay, the area around Navy Cove and Bon Secour NWR have some good spots for specks and reds.

There are also a couple rigs and wrecks in the bay that are paddling distance from Fort Morgan. At least, it looks like it on the maps I have.
Posted By: brownhauler

Re: Gulf Shores - 04/14/15 03:49 AM

Even if you go with a buddy to Dixie Bar it can still be dangerous. The currents are pretty strong for small boats. I have heard some bad stories when it comes to guys on kayaks in that area. I have fished Fort Morgan and Gulf Shores the last 5 years and a bunch of the local kayakers don't recommend a kayak going out in that area. You can not stay on a spot since the currents are so strong therefore you will be working more than fishing.

Try fishing little lagoon and the bay side of Fort Morgan. There are a couple of areas that are easy to put in on kayak.

You can find more info on pensacolafishingforum
Posted By: Boytoe

Re: Gulf Shores - 04/15/15 01:02 AM

Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum