Texas Fishing Forum

Finally Pulled The Trigger

Posted By: Bob Landry

Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/08/15 09:31 PM

After much research and indescribable anguish, I pulled the trigger on a Ride115. I had it narrowed down between the Ride and the Coosa. Both are great boats and there were features on both boats I liked and nothing on either that I didn't like, so that made it harder. I decided that most of my paddling is going to be flat water with some fishing in creeks and streams and the added maneuverability would be a plus. The 500lb capacity, actually 340lb capacity is nice and while the Coosa has a high/low seat, the ease of use and the comfort of the Ride's seat was really the determining factor. Going camping this weekend at Mother Neff SP and going to pick it up Monday when I get back in town. Man, this has really been nerve racking and I'm just ready to go paddling.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/08/15 10:03 PM

Congrats. When I'm in the market for a new one, I'll be looking hard at the Ride 115.
Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/08/15 11:54 PM

Watch out for the weather this weekend...supposed to be some good storms
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/09/15 01:54 AM

Congrats.

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/09/15 02:01 AM

although if the weather holds up I may take my yak out to mother neff...haven't ever been there

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/09/15 03:22 AM

We just cancelled our reservation because of thunderstorms predicted all weekend. Is there an access place for a yak in that park. We couldn't tell much from the park map.

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/09/15 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry
We just cancelled our reservation because of thunderstorms predicted all weekend. Is there an access place for a yak in that park. We couldn't tell much from the park map.

I dunno never been there but if I can get near the water I can launch my yak
Posted By: HandgunHTR

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/09/15 04:22 AM

Congrats! I am going to Austin Kayak's Houston Demo on Saturday and the Ride 115 is on the top of my list to paddle.

I had back surgery a few years back (two discs fused) so a comfortable seat is #1 on my list and I am really liking the look of the Max seat from WS.

Unfortunately, ACK is not a stocking dealer for Jackson, so I won't be able to paddle a Coosa, but I know a guy back in AL that is a Jackson Pro Staffer and he loves his Jackson's.

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/09/15 11:40 AM

TG Canoe & Kayak will do a demo any afternoon except Tuesday.(Closed) Their San Marcos store is right on the River. I did mine Sunday afternoon and narrowed tit down to the Ride, but the Coosa is also a really nice boat. It's a family run business and they are really nice people and made the process very easy. It really helps to be able to switch and try them side by side
Posted By: C-Frog

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/09/15 12:22 PM

Nice choice wink
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/09/15 01:15 PM

Congrats and welcome to the plastic navy. cheers
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/09/15 01:29 PM

Good points of view on both. I am still considering one of those for when I finally upgrade. Might hold out for a PA though, if the General doesn't notice! clap
Posted By: ETBA

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/09/15 04:29 PM

Congrats on the new yak, the rides are some great boats.
Posted By: HobieRay57

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger - 04/12/15 11:29 PM

Congrats.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum