Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool Walnut Creek

Posted By: Slack40

Joe Pool Walnut Creek - 03/28/15 05:03 PM

Taking my kayak out for the first time this spring Sunday morning. Can you park and launch off of the 360 bridge? Or would it be better to go in at the park and paddle up the creek from there?

Any tips on fishing the creek?
Posted By: formula462

Re: Joe Pool Walnut Creek - 03/28/15 06:59 PM

The bridge would be a tough launch just go to the kayak put in in loyd park and paddle up its a nice run and not too far to get back to the bridge. Sandies should be up there. If you are black bass fishing there is a ton of structure in the creek I would try a spinnerbait off the bank and whacky rig worm down in the structure. Watermelon and pumpkin have worked well for me.
Posted By: v6 camaro

Re: Joe Pool Walnut Creek - 03/28/15 08:14 PM

I have launched under the 360 bridge a few times. Getting in the boat is not too bad but getting out is the hard part. Also driving down between the 360 bridges I would suggest a vehicle with some ground clearance.

Re: Joe Pool Walnut Creek - 03/29/15 01:31 AM

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to it.

Fished Eagle Mountain today.. One sandy, and about a 20lbs carp.
Posted By: formula462

Re: Joe Pool Walnut Creek - 03/29/15 02:07 AM

That was a fight!

Re: Joe Pool Walnut Creek - 03/29/15 09:23 PM

Launched from the park and made my way to the creek, skunked on the day.
Posted By: zulo

Re: Joe Pool Walnut Creek - 03/29/15 10:50 PM

Nice fish.. Shady grove park?
Fishing is very slow in EM, I think the bait is still in the middle of the lake were i fish at.

Re: Joe Pool Walnut Creek - 03/29/15 10:54 PM

My girlfriends brother lives on Skylake, so I put in there. Never had much luck on EM, 1-2 fish every outing is about as good as I've ever done out there. Still hoping to get into a few crappie.
Posted By: PetroAg

Re: Joe Pool Walnut Creek - 03/30/15 01:29 PM

I fished for 5 hours Saturday AM and got skunked. Lots of boats and bank fisherman. Bobbers with minnows all up and down the creek, pulling in a fish every 30 min or so, white bass and crappie.
Posted By: joebeasley

Re: Joe Pool Walnut Creek - 03/30/15 01:59 PM

I was there a few hours in the afternoon. Only one bass. Dirty water usually means no fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum