Texas Fishing Forum

Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th

Posted By: yakintime

Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 03/27/15 05:39 PM

Hi folks

I'd like to make sure you all know of our upcoming Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th at Mariner Sails. I hope you and some of your fishing buddies can make it! We will welcome TFF members for a "check it out" for this meeting. It should be a lot of fun!

We will start at 7pm and we'll have Kayak packing tips for our Brazos River Trip, guest speakers Shane Davies of River Run Guide Service and Tim Birdsong of TPWD, member giveaways, special member purchase opportunities, food and drink AND a check presentation to Heros on the Water Dallas Chapter too! We're currently at $1775 for 2015! My thanks to all of you who have donated your $15 to HOW for 2015,this is great! For those of you who haven't had a chance to make your membership contribution yet, we'll be able to take care of you either before the meeting at Mariner or at the meeting. Thank your for your support of MSKFC and Heros on the Water!

Sincerely
Aris Tsamis
Posted By: Jason Delfraisse

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 03/30/15 01:01 PM

Yeah buddy this sounds fun. That's a lot of support for HOW I'm proud so many of us stand behind our own!
Posted By: redsoxnation

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 03/30/15 01:14 PM

Aris,

I need to purchase my 2015 membership before the camping trip, but not sure I can make this event or out to MS before then. Is there any other way to purchase?

Thanks,

Chris
Posted By: mikepaddle

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 03/30/15 02:08 PM

You can renew your membership online via the shopping cart. Just to go the Mariner Sails website at www.mariner-sails.com.

Or . . . you can call the store (972/241-1498) and give your card number over the phone.
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 03/30/15 03:11 PM

Okay peeps! The MSKFC Brazos overnight trip is just around the corner.
Rick Hall and I went down yesterday to do some recon and it was an epic day on the river.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING!!!
*The dates are still the same (April 18th & 19th).
*The river is still the same (Brazos)
*The launch point, campsite, and take out locations have changed.
We are going to give every member a map and directions to the launch point at the MSKFC meeting on April 7th. Due to the fact that we arranged these launch, campsite, and take-out points with private landowners we WILL NOT post them on an open forum. The ONLY WAY to get these directions is to personally be in attendance at the MSKFC meeting on April 7th and commit to attending this event.
Let me just tease you a little and say that we slaughtered the fish yesterday as well. I had over 100" on the fly rod!!!

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 03/30/15 04:41 PM

Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 03/30/15 07:47 PM

See you dudes there!!! I cant wait for this event and meeting!
Posted By: Matt-F

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 03/30/15 11:06 PM

Awesome, can't wait for this!!!
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/01/15 09:10 PM

This is right around the corner! Looking forward to it!

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/01/15 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: mikepaddle
You can renew your membership online via the shopping cart. Just to go the Mariner Sails website at www.mariner-sails.com.

Or . . . you can call the store (972/241-1498) and give your card number over the phone.

Just renewed my membership online. Appreciate it.
Looking forward to the camping trip, should be a blast.

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/06/15 03:06 AM

bump getting close!

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/07/15 04:03 PM

Club meeting tonight! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/07/15 04:47 PM

Cancelled my afternoon meeting, so looking like I can make it. Looking forward to it. See you guys there.
Posted By: mikey6345

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/08/15 03:06 AM

Hope y'all had a great meeting. I really wanted to go and the trip sounds awesome I am unfortunately booked that weekend.
Posted By: Jason Delfraisse

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/08/15 12:43 PM

Man that was a great time last night. Big thanks to Shane and Tim for coming out and teaching me some things about fish habitat and kayaking. And wow was that a good start to the year with over $2000 going to HOW! cheers

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/08/15 12:54 PM

We had an awesome club meeting last night. The meeting kicked off with Tim Birdsong from TPWD talking to us about river and stream management here in Texas and how they are working to restore the Guadalupe bass populations in our rivers.
We then turned Shane Davies loose and he gave us a comprehensive guide on how to pack and what to bring on a river overnight trip.
We also made another donation from the club to the DFW Chapter of Heroes on the Water in the amount of $2000 which represents dues for the first quarter of 2015.
Rick Hall showed a "short" video he made of our river recon trip and we discussed the plan for the trip on the 18th and 19th.
So far we have 33 folks signed up for the trip.
It's going to be a great weekend on the water!

Posted By: CanadiYak

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/08/15 01:15 PM

It was a great meeting last night very informative both Tim and Shane were great.Thanks again to Jerry and the crew at Mariner for hosting this.Great to see some old friends and meet some new.
Posted By: KQT

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/08/15 02:52 PM

X2

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/09/15 03:08 PM

Here's a little recon video put together by shutterbuff!
CLICKY

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/09/15 03:58 PM

Do you think dragging will mess up my rudder on the slayer propel 13? I'm leaving the propel drive at home, but a little concerned about tearing up the rudder from dragging.

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/09/15 04:17 PM

I'll have a couple of carts and you can use one.

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/09/15 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Jerry Hamon
I'll have a couple of carts and you can use one.

Thanks for the offer Jerry . I should have clarified, I was referring to portaging on the river.

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/09/15 05:43 PM

To quote Shane "there's no portages, only a few low water drags" you'll be fine!

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/09/15 06:55 PM

You should be good Chris. From what I've seen it's the type of shallow that if you're in your kayak it will bottom out but if you get out it will float over it.

Jerry I'll bring my home made cart also that we can share. It's pretty universal and heavy duty enough to carry my Ride loaded.
Posted By: Shutterbuff

Re: Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club Meeting April 7th - 04/10/15 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Todd™
You should be good Chris. From what I've seen it's the type of shallow that if you're in your kayak it will bottom out but if you get out it will float over it.

This is correct, we were walking them upstream because we were dragging bottom when sitting in kayak or it was too shallow to paddle upstream.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum