Texas Fishing Forum

Fort Worth Nature Center Friday Fishing

Posted By: Cowtown Kid

Fort Worth Nature Center Friday Fishing - 03/27/15 10:38 AM

A couple of us will be kayak fishing at the Fort Worth Nature Center this morning. Will start out at main gate at 8:00. Come join us if you are out and about this morning.

texas
Posted By: riversmallie

Re: Fort Worth Nature Center Friday Fishing - 03/27/15 03:53 PM

we will be there Saturday morning. Good luck.

Re: Fort Worth Nature Center Friday Fishing - 03/27/15 06:16 PM

I got skunked on fishing for black bass from the launch going north of the Blue Hole but there were a few guys catching sand bass and some crappie at the Blue Hole. The fellow I was with caught 3 sand bass, a crappie and a small black bass on a homemade lure.
Riversmallie let me know how you do tomorrow.

texas
Posted By: riversmallie

Re: Fort Worth Nature Center Friday Fishing - 03/27/15 06:34 PM

Will do. MY BIL and my nephew just bought new yaks so I said I'd go w/ them for their first test drive. I had hoped to get them on a few sand bass, so thanks for the info.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Fort Worth Nature Center Friday Fishing - 03/27/15 09:16 PM

I might go this Sunday morning. How's the LMB action looking out there? Any updates on the water temperature?
Posted By: ftw66

Re: Fort Worth Nature Center Friday Fishing - 03/27/15 11:43 PM

Where do you put in at to fish the nature center?

Re: Fort Worth Nature Center Friday Fishing - 03/28/15 12:29 AM

FTW66. There are four places where you can launch a kayak. They will give you a map at the gate showing you where to launch. I laugh at the far north launch on Shoreline drive.
Rhino68W. The LMB was really slow for me. The sandbass seem to be running and my buddy bought a crappie as well as the four sandbass. I didn't hook up my fish finder so I did't check the water temp. Hope you catch some Sunday!

texas
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Fort Worth Nature Center Friday Fishing - 03/28/15 02:47 AM

Cowtown I might not be going. I've got a shrimp boil and cooler of cold ones tomorrow nigHT for a date!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum