Texas Fishing Forum

Anchor Advice

Posted By: jtbgator

Anchor Advice - 04/16/14 06:02 PM

I like to use these retractable devices for my anchor system but am having difficulty finding a spot to securely mount it. I think this is the best option, on the front hatch cover. My question is how would you riggin gurus suggest I secure the retractable mechanism (like a dog leash) to the front hatch?

This is the device I use: Big Game Magna Lift

Posted By: Kuel

Re: Anchor Advice - 04/16/14 06:08 PM

When I get the chance to take some pictures, I'll post up what I did. I took some 550/paracord and made it my anchor trolley line, removed the flimsy black cord at the top of the magna lift, threaded each end of the cord through the hole at the top, and tied a double uni. That and a JBwelded anchor cleat on the clip means the the cord retractions system moves along the boat. I've tried it a couple of times and liked it. The magna lift does get wet so I don't know how that is going to affect it long term. When I'm not lazy, I'll take some pics and put it in the rigging forum.
Posted By: PayneFish

Re: Anchor Advice - 04/16/14 06:26 PM

X-Grip? Not sure how big that retractor actually is.

Re: Anchor Advice - 04/16/14 06:49 PM

Thanks Kuel, look forward to seeing how you secured yours.

Chris - I would guess the Magna lift is about 6" or so in diameter. I don't know much about the x grip but do you think it'll hold? I'm not sure it will since there will be a 5-8lb anchor on the end of the rope. hmmm
Posted By: PayneFish

Re: Anchor Advice - 04/16/14 07:47 PM

probably won't. with 8lbs and 6" maybe metal is the way to go. I bet Christian could mock you up a plate with some l shaped arms coming off to keep it in place and then with the backing plate you could secure to a geartrac . He works for liquid money for smaller projects is what I hear. can't confirm for sure.

Re: Anchor Advice - 04/16/14 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: PayneFish
probably won't. with 8lbs and 6" maybe metal is the way to go. I bet Christian could mock you up a plate with some l shaped arms coming off to keep it in place and then with the backing plate you could secure to a geartrac . He works for liquid money for smaller projects is what I hear. can't confirm for sure.

thumb thanks man!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum