Texas Fishing Forum

Interesting observations on the upper Brazos

Posted By: roadtrip

Interesting observations on the upper Brazos - 05/24/13 08:42 PM

The Brazos River Authority increased the low environmental flow from Possum Kingdom’s Morris Sheppard Dam from 28 to 150 cubic feet per second today. Not sure how long it will last.
Also, according to the USGS website, the Brazos at Aspermont is running at 1840cfs, and 1190cfs at Roby. If this is true, there's a lot of water heading toward PK. Wonder if it's just a glitch.

Re: Interesting observations on the upper Brazos - 05/24/13 09:20 PM

It's fo' real. Lot of rain west of here. From Graham all the way down to Mexico. All the rivers should be up before it's all over, for a little while any way.
Posted By: Trout Bum

Re: Interesting observations on the upper Brazos - 05/24/13 11:47 PM

the llano rose 10 foot yesterday. yikes
Posted By: the big white dually

Re: Interesting observations on the upper Brazos - 05/24/13 11:49 PM

10 feet?
Posted By: Brady S

Re: Interesting observations on the upper Brazos - 05/25/13 12:31 AM

Wow that's awesome, all that country has been needing a good drink.
Posted By: TexasSteve

Re: Interesting observations on the upper Brazos - 05/30/13 03:00 AM

That is good news. I am heading out to spend 3 days on the upper brazos. June 7th-9th. Some water will be a nice change.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Interesting observations on the upper Brazos - 05/30/13 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: TexasSteve
That is good news. I am heading out to spend 3 days on the upper brazos. June 7th-9th. Some water will be a nice change.

If Steve is headed for 3 days on the Brazos then be prepared to hear an amazing story folks! Hope you have better luck than your last two trips Steve.
Posted By: TexasSteve

Re: Interesting observations on the upper Brazos - 05/30/13 01:35 PM

Yes it is sure to rain some more whenever I go to the river. I am hoping for an uneventful trip this time and stories only about fish.
Posted By: Federale

Re: Interesting observations on the upper Brazos - 05/30/13 08:03 PM

Was out there last Sunday and the river was back to normal level and good flow. It was a nice change.

Re: Interesting observations on the upper Brazos - 05/30/13 11:44 PM

They're letting 150cfs out of the dam right now. Not because of the rain though, something to do with their policy with downstream entities. Not sure how long they'll be letting it out. I hope to go up there the weekend of June 8th. If TexasSteve is going, there's liable to be a flood!
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Interesting observations on the upper Brazos - 05/31/13 01:31 AM

have fun friend
glad you have a podnuh
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum