Posted By: Not2Old2Fish

New Pelican Pedal Kayak Catch 130 HD HYDRYVE - 07/12/18 01:27 PM

Pelican Catch 130 HD HYDRYVE

Posted By: MadFluker

Re: New Pelican Pedal Kayak Catch 130 HD HYDRYVE - 07/13/18 09:35 PM

looks good thanks for sharing
Posted By: Clay34

Re: New Pelican Pedal Kayak Catch 130 HD HYDRYVE - 07/14/18 09:45 PM

I see where Hobie's patent protection for the last 20 years has fallen off and these guys took Hobie's hard work in their gen 1 pedal drive and now are copying it.

I have a bit of a strange feeling about that. Yes, someone was going to take their work now that the patent is gone, but still have a weird vibe about that.

What do you think? Especially these days with boats that have a reverse this forward only design is again, 20 years old. Kind of like the new Old Town TopWater for a value pedal drive in that it has a 4 year warranty on the drive and the boat has a lifetime warranty on the hull.

Still interesting seeing what's newly released these days.
Posted By: Not2Old2Fish

Re: New Pelican Pedal Kayak Catch 130 HD HYDRYVE - 07/14/18 10:56 PM

Was wondering how it came about.
But as far as that goes, if the ole boy
showed up that invented the paddle,
how many centuries of what the hey.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: New Pelican Pedal Kayak Catch 130 HD HYDRYVE - 07/15/18 02:51 PM

You heard it here first...Watch all the others jump on the bandwagon and ditch their pedal drives for the hobie/Pelican design.
Posted By: MadFluker

Re: New Pelican Pedal Kayak Catch 130 HD HYDRYVE - 07/15/18 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
You heard it here first...Watch all the others jump on the bandwagon and ditch their pedal drives for the hobie/Pelican design.

thumb
Posted By: bayoubob

Re: New Pelican Pedal Kayak Catch 130 HD HYDRYVE - 07/18/18 04:53 PM

Too bad it wasn't a better company than pelican!!! would have been awesome to have seen it added to the wilderness systems or even perception line. Yes, I know they are the same company......
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum