Texas Fishing Forum

Got to visit the Jackson Kayak factory with Eric Jackson

Posted By: 9094

Got to visit the Jackson Kayak factory with Eric Jackson - 07/03/18 01:00 AM

Last month I purchased Eric Jackson’s Ranger boat and while picking it up got to see his plant. I never knew how much science went into building a high quality kayak. Huge ovens that tilt and rotate on an axis to make sure the plastic is evenly distributed.
Eric is a great guy and his employees all really liked him. He puts everything into his business.
He is probably one of the most determined guys I’ve ever met.
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Got to visit the Jackson Kayak factory with Eric Jackson - 07/06/18 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: 9094
Last month I purchased Eric Jackson’s Ranger boat and while picking it up got to see his plant. I never knew how much science went into building a high quality kayak. Huge ovens that tilt and rotate on an axis to make sure the plastic is evenly distributed.
Eric is a great guy and his employees all really liked him. He puts everything into his business.
He is probably one of the most determined guys I’ve ever met.

EJ is a cool dude. I first learned to paddle whitewater from him many, many, many years before I ever even considered fishing from a kayak. The dude is a beast in gnarly water...and his son, Dane...forget about it. That kid has grown up to be maybe the baddest whitewater boater on the planet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum