Texas Fishing Forum

Boonedox Outfitter

Posted By: Aggie61

Boonedox Outfitter - 05/29/18 04:50 PM

Considering this an option to transport my two kayaks, Commander 120 and OK Trident 13. Have also considered a trailer but there are some areas that are very space limited to launch from a trailer. The company also makes the Bed Extender, T-Bone. Outfitter is priced at $575.00. A Malone trailer starts at $899.00. Anyone familiar with the Boonedox Outfitter?
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Boonedox Outfitter - 05/29/18 05:42 PM

Looks like an elegant but pricey fix for a simple problem. You could easily build a wooden rack for far less money. Before I got my trailer, I often carried my two Native Ultimate 14.5s on my standard bed extender--one sitting flat and the other leaned on its side.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Boonedox Outfitter - 05/30/18 01:57 PM

Aggie61, the Outfitter was new to me, wasn't aware Boonedox had this. I have the T-Bone extender and it is a quality piece and I am sure this device is, too.

Like Tallgrass05 said, it's pretty pricey. Two or three pieces of really heavy nylon straps, say of the 4 to 6" wide kind, that stretch side to side on a truck bed would be a light and form a sling.

Hard to say how much time and effort, though.

All of your options look good to me. I'd pass on a trailer, that being my last choice if all else fails.

Brad
Posted By: Aggie61

Re: Boonedox Outfitter - 05/31/18 12:26 AM

The Yakima Bedrock Truck Cargo Rack may be an option as well, half the price of the Outfitter at $288.00
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum