Texas Fishing Forum

Grasslands?

Posted By: warrick

Grasslands? - 04/28/18 05:44 PM

I plan on heading to the grasslands later today, try the evening bite.
Is Clear Lake open yet? Last time I was out there the gate was locked.
Thanks
Rick
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Grasslands? - 04/28/18 11:02 PM

Let us know how it looks out there. I used to do okay there before the drought a few years back. After that, not so much.
Posted By: Shaun Russell

Re: Grasslands? - 04/28/18 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Floon Swenson
Let us know how it looks out there. I used to do okay there before the drought a few years back. After that, not so much.

Same here. The drought hit it hard!

Re: Grasslands? - 04/29/18 10:56 PM

Clear Lake is open. The lake is low. I went to Black Creek and Cottonwood also. Both have plenty of water. Not a great day to fish. Hot and clear blue skies. It was good getting back out there though.
Posted By: roadtrip

Re: Grasslands? - 04/30/18 11:02 PM

Is the grass lands a good place to camp? By that I mean wide open spaces with nice views, interesting hiking, quiet with some privacy, safe.

Re: Grasslands? - 04/30/18 11:18 PM

You can camp at any of the lakes. Black Creek is the only one I know of that has camp sites and a bathroom. It used to cost 2 dollars a day there. Don't know if it has gone up. It gets crowded though. Cottonwood and Clear Lake have spots you can pitch a tent but it is completely remote camping.
As far as being safe Black Creek is probably the safest just because of the crowds. Ive seen people camping at the other two but they are more remote.
Posted By: roadtrip

Re: Grasslands? - 05/02/18 05:31 PM

Thaks Warrick. Great info.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum