Texas Fishing Forum

Personal Pontoon boats

Posted By: KidKrappie

Personal Pontoon boats - 09/25/17 10:16 PM

I am looking into getting a personal pontoon boat and ditching the tube and I was wondering what if any recommendations you all have? I am looking to spend 500 or less preferably and want something to mainly get me out of having to get soaking wet to fish and to be able to move around a bit easier than kicking in the tube.

Thank you all in advance!
Posted By: porta

Re: Personal Pontoon boats - 09/25/17 11:32 PM

www.ventureoutdoors.net has both inflatable and rigid pontoons, the 5 ft rigid can be carried in small cars and assembles /disassembles fast, easily, and quickly unlike other pontoons with frames. If you are looking for an inflatable pontoon, classic accessories has a big selection. Pontoons negatives compared to tubes- are heavier, not as portable. Toon pluses- sit higher, faster, have oars.

PC
Posted By: marktx

Re: Personal Pontoon boats - 09/28/17 03:25 PM

I've had both both have pros and cons. You can still use flippers on the pontoon so you have use of your hands but they do get blown around so hard to keep still around docks and pilings. I liked both but staying in one spot go to tube longer distance go to the pontoon. Plus if you get it certified thru tow you can put a trolling motor on it
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum