Texas Fishing Forum

Roanoke Maiden Voyage

Posted By: ArgyleFloater

Roanoke Maiden Voyage - 08/18/16 05:37 PM

Well, I took out my Classic industries Roanoke pontoon boat yesterday for it's maiden voyage. I have had it a few months and finally put it in the water. I soon found out that I do not like to use oars and have decided to abandon my venture with the Roanoke and have decided to sell it and my Outcast fins I bought for it. Overall, I like the Roanoke but don't enjoy using the oars. Oh well....
Posted By: charlief1

Re: Roanoke Maiden Voyage - 08/19/16 04:50 AM

Trade you for a kayak? Psecalor 1o with a home built seat that fits just right. wink

Re: Roanoke Maiden Voyage - 08/19/16 11:07 PM

No thanks. Getting old and kayak is getting difficult..lol
Posted By: Go Froggin

Re: Roanoke Maiden Voyage - 08/21/16 02:58 AM

You need to check out the links below and are welcome to test/demo one any time. Blessing's! smile
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Roanoke Maiden Voyage - 08/21/16 07:02 PM

After just one trip? I think I'd give it a few more tries before I gave up on it.

Re: Roanoke Maiden Voyage - 08/22/16 01:45 AM

Went out today and tried again to like it. After another 30 minutes, I decided it's not for me. Just put it on Craig's list since I don't have enough posts here and will have to pay to advertise here.
Posted By: Bill badd

Re: Roanoke Maiden Voyage - 08/22/16 06:14 PM

Took me about 5 trips before I got the knack for rowing mine, slow is fast in the beginning you get used to it, I have ever a outcast fishcat ir9 it has a mount for a trolling.motor, that might work better for you
Posted By: Bill badd

Re: Roanoke Maiden Voyage - 08/22/16 06:18 PM

I just moved here 6 weeks ago and am still looking for someone to show me around, if anybody Is willing, kinda leary with all the alligator stuff I've heard about, had no clue yall had them here. Im.gonna check out lake arlington going this weekend, launching from polly Webb, heard that decent spot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum