Texas Fishing Forum

crappie tubing

Posted By: where's my bobber?

crappie tubing - 08/08/16 07:46 PM

Posted By: Cast

Re: crappie tubing - 08/08/16 08:00 PM

That's not what tubing meant to me. Nine rig.
Posted By: ArgyleFloater

Re: crappie tubing - 08/08/16 08:21 PM

What lake were you at? Just curious.....

Re: crappie tubing - 08/08/16 08:34 PM

Joe pool
Posted By: Esslmeister

Re: crappie tubing - 08/08/16 08:40 PM

Nice basket of fish!

Re: crappie tubing - 08/08/16 08:53 PM

Thanks! It's been good there the last three weeks.
Posted By: trapperben

Re: crappie tubing - 08/08/16 11:43 PM

Nice catch! Which Caddis tube is that and how do you like it?

Re: crappie tubing - 08/09/16 02:18 AM

It's a caddis pro 2000. It's an awesome rig.
Posted By: Sirjet

Re: crappie tubing - 10/13/16 01:56 PM

Did you launch out of Lynn Creek Marina?

Re: crappie tubing - 10/17/16 02:30 AM

No. Too far to the bridge from there. We fish the south bridge. Just park on the median and walk down.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: crappie tubing - 10/26/16 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: where's my bobber?

Re: crappie tubing - 10/31/16 09:43 PM

Where's my Bobber. I went out there this past Saturday. I was kinda windy but I had a Blast. I met a guy from the forum (Inliner). There was another guy out there in a tube. And he knew what he was doing LOL. Thanks for the help Sir. That is what the forum is here for.

Re: crappie tubing - 11/01/16 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Sirjet
Where's my Bobber. I went out there this past Saturday. I was kinda windy but I had a Blast. I met a guy from the forum (Inliner). There was another guy out there in a tube. And he knew what he was doing LOL. Thanks for the help Sir. That is what the forum is here for.
Sirjet How did you do?

Re: crappie tubing - 11/01/16 03:58 PM

I was only out for a short while. I had four or five bumps. And got one to the top but he came off. i was really just getting used to being in a tube. I think I might have created a monster. LOL

Re: crappie tubing - 11/01/16 04:21 PM

You will only get better with TOW & TIYT(time in yo tube).Keep at it and you will soon be able to maneuver & catch just like those pros like WMB,JE,Epic and the like.They have been at it for a minute. I`m still learning myself but I have to pick days that don`t have a lot of wind in the forcast because of my handicap.The monster will become a addiction from which there is no cure my brother. thumb

Re: crappie tubing - 11/01/16 04:55 PM

I would love to sneak out on saturday. But I have plans. Hopefully I can get it done quickly. and try to be out there by about 12:00 or so.

Re: crappie tubing - 11/22/16 10:35 PM

With the weather change. Do you think that they might still be under the bridge or headed to the creeks?

Re: crappie tubing - 11/22/16 10:45 PM

They should be there only I would target the deeper pillings closest to where the creek runs under the bridge and work my way shallower until I got a bite . 2cents
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: crappie tubing - 12/04/16 08:05 PM

I haven't been fishing for those in 60 yrs I bet. Tubing looks interesting.
USMC66'-
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: crappie tubing - 12/05/16 10:59 PM

Awesome post! thumb

Re: crappie tubing - 12/28/16 09:28 PM

Has all of the crappie moved up into the creeks? Or might i be able to sneak afew from under the bridge?
Posted By: Poboy K.

Re: crappie tubing - 12/28/16 10:50 PM

Crappie fishing out of a tube ought to ALMOST be illegal!

Anyone who DOESN'T tube fish is an idiot!!!

PERIOD!!! No ifs ands or butts!!!

I have fished out of some of the best bass boats ever made.

I've fished off the bank... ESPECIALLY!!!! If you fish off the bank...GET A TUBE!!!

( Ithink we're done here .)

One other thing: I've only caught over 100 lbs. Of Largemouths in one day... And did it walking into the water on a VERY frequented lake.. FROM THE LAUNCH RAMP!

Tubes RULE!!!

Re: crappie tubing - 12/28/16 11:19 PM

There is nothing like hooking into a 25+ catfish in a tube. Scary and fun at the same time.
Posted By: porta

Re: crappie tubing - 12/29/16 02:00 AM

Sirjet, hooking and being pulled around is not as scary as trying to land a big fish from a tube. Catfish spines can puncture you or the tube, same if you catch a big stiper or red on a lure with treble hooks. I usually work myself away from them sharp points until they tire out, and use a lip gripper at arms length, then cut off the spines if they will go on a stringer. Some big ones have taken me 30 minutes, so that cuts into catching others. I sometimes use a rigged up a stick that tangles the hook (takes less space than a telescopic net), to help shorten that landing time.

PC

Re: crappie tubing - 12/29/16 02:54 PM

Good Deal. I also fear the spines when catfishing out of my tube.
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: crappie tubing - 12/30/16 12:53 PM

Here are a 16.5# striper and a 16.9# blue cat I caught fly fishing out of my float tube.

Re: crappie tubing - 12/30/16 02:42 PM

That is Awesome Fish Chaser. Way to go.
Posted By: donothin

Re: crappie tubing - 01/07/17 05:30 PM

Absolutely the best way to fish if you have a friendly water body out of major wind. I started more than 50 years ago using a Bob Brown Fish Master Tube with Fish Master Flappers. Still have two tubes. Assumed they would be rotten since I have not used them in several years. Got them out, looked good, added a fishfinder and am looking forward to going a little later. I'm getting a little long in the tooth, so will have to be a little more careful than I remember being when I started.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum