Texas Fishing Forum

Trailer for Pelican Bass Raider 10'

Posted By: SlowDown

Trailer for Pelican Bass Raider 10' - 10/12/15 09:46 PM

If I buy a utility trailer to haul a Pelican Bass Raider, will it be OK to back it down the loading ramp into the water like I would if I used a boat trailer? At my age, I can't lift the boat off and on the trailer to unload and load it. I'm wondering, with the larger wheels if the trailer will be under water when I back it in, so I can float it off or back on? Do any of you have experience in this regard? If so, please advise me.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Trailer for Pelican Bass Raider 10' - 10/12/15 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: fish 'till I drop
If I buy a utility trailer to haul a Pelican Bass Raider, will it be OK to back it down the loading ramp into the water like I would if I used a boat trailer? At my age, I can't lift the boat off and on the trailer to unload and load it. I'm wondering, with the larger wheels if the trailer will be under water when I back it in, so I can float it off or back on? Do any of you have experience in this regard? If so, please advise me.
I would suggest you look into stainless steel fasteners and sealent for your light fixtures if you plan to submerge that trailer. 2cents
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Trailer for Pelican Bass Raider 10' - 10/13/15 02:31 AM

You would want to change the bearing system so that the bearings can be greased with a grease gun like most boat trailers. Someone else who is more familiar with it can post more info.
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Trailer for Pelican Bass Raider 10' - 10/18/15 01:11 PM

i use a 12' utility trailer no problem.
might have to upgrade to good water sealed lights on it.
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Trailer for Pelican Bass Raider 10' - 10/18/15 02:08 PM

Here's my trailer. It was made for a 16' V-bottom. I installed the flat runners made from 2X12 and carpeted, cut 4' from the tongue and installed winch. Winch is important due to steep ramps.

Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Trailer for Pelican Bass Raider 10' - 10/18/15 07:31 PM

Very Nice ! thumb
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Trailer for Pelican Bass Raider 10' - 10/18/15 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
Very Nice ! thumb

Thanks.

As far as backing it in the water, it really isn't necessary. The Pelican slides so easy on the carpet, I usually just back up till the tires are just in the water and then push the boat off. Same to load, except hook the winch line up first and the grab the front of the boat and pull. Take up the slack as quickly as I can to keep the boat from sliding back off the trailer.
Posted By: DAOutdoors

Re: Trailer for Pelican Bass Raider 10' - 01/04/16 03:42 PM

Sometimes you can find a steal on a personal watercraft (jet ski) trailer on Craigslist, this worked for my buddy's 10' Pelican and my 10' Pond Prowler. We got Yacht Club trailers and after a few modifications you'd swear they sold them as a package deal with the boat! We added a u-bolt to the center of his rear trolling motor mounting plate so the winch will pull the boat up evenly, but as mentioned, barely backing the bunks into the water is sufficient enough when pull in by the winch so the boat won't slide over the top of your fenders or off the trailer completely.

Posted By: crappieking95

Re: Trailer for Pelican Bass Raider 10' - 01/09/16 12:06 AM

I think I've seen his videos on YouTube, seen someone with the same set up
Originally Posted By: Ayon12
Sometimes you can find a steal on a personal watercraft (jet ski) trailer on Craigslist, this worked for my buddy's 10' Pelican and my 10' Pond Prowler. We got Yacht Club trailers and after a few modifications you'd swear they sold them as a package deal with the boat! We added a u-bolt to the center of his rear trolling motor mounting plate so the winch will pull the boat up evenly, but as mentioned, barely backing the bunks into the water is sufficient enough when pull in by the winch so the boat won't slide over the top of your fenders or off the trailer completely.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum