Texas Fishing Forum

Navarro Mills

Posted By: Paths

Navarro Mills - 01/26/18 02:26 AM

Has anyone tubed there? Trying to figure out where to go other than the dam area.
Posted By: where's my bobber?

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/27/18 02:31 AM

I have tubed the dam but that's it. The marina is hot though.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/27/18 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Paths
Has anyone tubed there? Trying to figure out where to go other than the dam area.
Have you checked your PM`s Lately?
Posted By: fray

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/28/18 11:30 AM

cool

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/28/18 09:19 PM

cool coolio
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/02/18 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Paths

You can tube all over that lake...the only question is ...how brave are you...not too many snakes around the dam area...plenty of them every where else..I sometime pull out my waders, just because I don’t like the snakes brushing against my bare legs! Snake creek area is good to tube, as is the wolf creek area, as is the old ranger station ramp...just be ready to fend off a snake or three wanting to sun bathe on your tube. I have seen some brave souls tube Ash Creek, but I would pass on that opportunity personally...and stay in the boat!
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/04/18 11:53 PM

Why so many snakes in NMills?

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/06/18 05:29 AM

I guess because there are so many fish...recall the old saying if you see a snake in the tree top, the fish are directly below the it. Actually, since the core kept the water at record high levels several years ago, there haven’t been as many snakes around, but there are still plenty to work through if you are wading...I do wade it each year in a few spots...I hop out of my boat because some favorite spots can’t be accessed by boat or bank very easily. That said Ash Creek is not a wading spot for me...after many night fishing trips in ash creek, I would never wade it...NEVER, EVER...hope this information helps...if any of you are seriously interested in wading/ float tubing NM, PM me and I will be happy to provide specifics.

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/07/18 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: crapicat
I guess because there are so many fish...recall the old saying if you see a snake in the tree top, the fish are directly below the it. Actually, since the core kept the water at record high levels several years ago, there haven’t been as many snakes around, but there are still plenty to work through if you are wading...I do wade it each year in a few spots...I hop out of my boat because some favorite spots can’t be accessed by boat or bank very easily. That said Ash Creek is not a wading spot for me...after many night fishing trips in ash creek, I would never wade it...NEVER, EVER...hope this information helps...if any of you are seriously interested in wading/ float tubing NM, PM me and I will be happy to provide specifics.
PM sent

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/16/18 11:41 AM

Went to NM yesterday...checking out my favorite creeks...not sure I found a Creek with a foot of water in it...sad, got to have a really good rain to get some water back in those creeks or hit the main lake for spawning activity this year.

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/16/18 11:35 PM

Thanks for sharing crapicat thumb

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/17/18 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishbonz

Sure thing...say, I also found a couple snakes out sunning..stepped between two of them...took pics, still can’t up load though...

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/17/18 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat
Originally Posted By: Fishbonz

Sure thing...say, I also found a couple snakes out sunning..stepped between two of them...took pics, still can’t up load though...
Send to me by txt i`ll post it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum