Texas Fishing Forum

Recent Army veteran looking to learn

Posted By: Kyle405

Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 07/10/15 05:20 AM

Howdy,

I just recently got out of the Army after spending 10 years in. I have a few deployments to Afghanistan. I haven't fished in over 10 years until recently. I like how relaxing and calming it is for the soul!

Due to me being out of the sport for 10 years I need to learn all over again. If anyone needs company and doesn't mind teaching me or showing me some tips, I will be more then happy to join you. I can throw in for gas and anything else.

I will be looking in approximately 6 months or so to buy a fishing boat, so I can return the favor then!

Thanks!
Posted By: papamark

Re: Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 07/11/15 11:23 AM

PM Sent
Posted By: slim1

Re: Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 07/12/15 12:02 PM

Check this out. They really help vets.
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10872474/Re:_Calling_all_Veterans_&#Post10872474
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 07/12/15 02:30 PM

FYI--This guy has a 7 year old boy also--
Glad to see a Dad wanting to bring another youngster into the sport and giving them something other than video games to occupy his time-
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 07/15/15 06:47 PM

If ya ever get the time to run up here to Lewisville during the week, send me a pm.
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 07/18/15 12:13 AM

if your in the ft hood are give me a call or ever willing to make the drive I was in your position a few years ago i to have several tours and fishing help me a lot
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 07/19/15 04:07 PM

Hey Radius message me. I might be close to you, I am in Corsicana.
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 07/19/15 05:25 PM

PM sent
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 07/21/15 08:34 PM

PM sent
Posted By: capt grumpy

Re: Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 07/28/15 04:23 PM

It is great to see all this response, I am a old vet and this does my heart good to see this response. I am in the san angelo area if any one in this area needs a ride let me know.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 08/04/15 09:04 AM

First and foremost,thank you for serving our country! welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted By: Call Me Kyle
Howdy,

I just recently got out of the Army after spending 10 years in. I have a few deployments to Afghanistan. I haven't fished in over 10 years until recently. I like how relaxing and calming it is for the soul!

Due to me being out of the sport for 10 years I need to learn all over again. If anyone needs company and doesn't mind teaching me or showing me some tips, I will be more then happy to join you. I can throw in for gas and anything else.

I will be looking in approximately 6 months or so to buy a fishing boat, so I can return the favor then!

Thanks!

Posted By: Kyle405

Re: Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 08/16/15 06:45 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I definitely got plenty of PMs and responses.
Great community on here and I look forward to getting out to learn with you all when it cools down some!
Posted By: LunkersTV

Re: Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 08/30/15 12:20 AM

I am a vet of 7 years with a few deployments as well and I have a boat but need someone to fish with. Shoot me a PM if you are interested

Originally Posted By: Call Me Kyle
Howdy,

Thanks!

Posted By: SpidyChamp

Re: Recent Army veteran looking to learn - 09/02/15 03:46 PM

This is coming up in a few weeks and you may want to look into this.

http://networkingwarriors.org/

Alphonse R. Telese, Jr
Alphonse R. Telese, Jr
LTC, U.S. Army (Ret)
President
Networking Warriors of America
email: artelese@networkingwarriors.org
Phone: 972-467-2625
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum