Texas Fishing Forum

Trinity River 12/17/2016

Posted By: Rayzor

Trinity River 12/17/2016 - 12/18/16 11:32 PM

My B.I.L and I went for an afternoon trip to share info. Our favorite spots didn't produce hardly any fish, but we were able to find fish in other spots. There was water moving out (barrier was open), so we fished the land cut for the triangle pond. Probably caught 25 LMB there, anywhere from 1 to 3 pounds. They seemed to be tucked underneath a undercut bank. Caught a few more fish in the cut going to Lake Charlotte and a few more at the back of the Sulphur Cut. To my surprise, I caught a 5-6 pound striper. We wound up with over 40 fish.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Trinity River 12/17/2016 - 12/20/16 01:39 AM

U launch in anuahac and the salt water barrier?

Re: Trinity River 12/17/2016 - 12/21/16 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet
U launch in anuahac and the salt water barrier?

When I take my boat, I put in at the Wallisville Project launch just south of the saltwater barrier. When there isn't a lot of fresh water coming down the river from up north, the barrier is kept closed. It only opens up on the top of the hour. It was open last Saturday.

We went in my brother-in-law's boat, so we launched from his neighborhood boat launch on Cotton Lake.

There is a launch at the I-10 bridge but with all of the recent rains, it has silted in. You could probably get a jon boat out of it, though.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Trinity River 12/17/2016 - 12/21/16 02:26 PM

I've always wanted to go fish down there being I live so close but I hear that Sulphur cut is shallow in spots and care tear a boat up quick. Still to nervous to be dropping a big champion in there

Re: Trinity River 12/17/2016 - 12/22/16 12:10 AM

I idle my Triton through the Sulphur Cut. The depth varies from 1 to 6 feet. The deeper areas are not as common as the shallower areas. The cut to Lake Charlotte is a pretty consistent 3-4 feet. The cut to Mac's Lake is very shallow also.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum